Vanunu Mordechai ,Revoking my Citizenship-MAY 5-2011eng':
"vanunuvmjc on May 7, 2011
Vanunu Mordechai,Revoking my Citizenship-MAY 5-2011,Eng'.
After 25 years waiting to my freedom NOW.Iam asking israel Gov' to cancel my citizenship in israel.and to give me my Freedom NOW.
May 5TH 2011
To: MK Mr. Eli Yishai Minister of Interior The State of Israel Re: Revoking my Israeli Citizenship
I am Mordechai Vanunu that was kidnapped from Rome on September 30, 1986 by The Israeli Secret Services.
I was tried by The Jerusalem District Court and convicted of Aggravated Espionage, High Treason and Assisting the Enemy and I was sentenced to 18 years imprisonment. This followed an interview I gave to The London Sunday Times regarding the secret production of nuclear weapons materials in Israel.
I fulfilled the democratic principal of the right of the public to know.
I have served 18 years in Ashkelon Prison, mostly in solitary confinement.
I was released on 21 April 2004 with severe restrictions imposed by the Israeli Government.
Seven years past and the restrictions had been renewed again and again relying on The Emergency Laws from 1945.
Since my release I have lived 6 years in East Jerusalem and since September 2010 I live in Tel Aviv.
On June 1986 I was baptized to the Anglican Church.
Recently, (28.3.2011), the Knesset passed a new law that revokes the citizenship of anyone who was convicted of espionage or treason.
25 years I am demanding and waiting to have my full freedom restored.
This law should be applied to my case and I am willing for my citizenship to be revoked and canceled.
I am writing to you today asking the state of Israel to cancel my citizenship.
This desire is not new and is not recent, but now it is supported by the new law to revoke citizenship .
I am asking and expecting the enforcement of this law to its letter and revoke my Israeli citizenship.
This law applies to me and I am ready for my citizenship to be canceled.
I don't have another citizenship but I would be able to get one easily during my forced stay here and for sure at the moment that I am allowed to leave.
In any case I here declare that my wish was and still is to cancel/revoke, in fact, my Israeli citizenship.
After all the 'treatment' that I have received from the State of Israel and its citizens , I do not feel, here, as a citizen or how a citizen should feel, I feel as an unwellcome citizen and treated as such by the state of Israel and its citizens.
Israeli media and in the streets of Israel,I am called and shouted at as a spy, 'The Atom Spy', and a traitor I am harassed and persecuted as the enemy of the state for 25 years.
I feel I am still imprisoned, still held as a hostage, by the state and its government.
After 25 years of ongoing, many and very hard punishments by the State of Israel, I wish the end to all punishments and my suffering, and wish the realization of the basic human right of freedom.
I would like to exercise my right to freedom of conscience, my right to choose not to be a citizen of Israel.
I have no interest in Israeli citizenship, I do not want to live here.
I ask you to cancel/revoke my citizenship here and now.
I ask you to let me be free from Israel as our dislike is mutual.
I HAVE NO SECRETS !
EVERYTHING I KNEW THAN, I HAVE PASSED ON TO THE ENGLISH PAPER IN 1986 !!
IT IS TIME TO ALLOW ME TO LEAVE ISRAEL AFTER A QUARTER CENTURY OF IMPRISONMENT! Mordechai Vanunu. Copies to Prime M , Netanyho. May 5th 2011 Foreign M , Liberman. Tel-Aviv Defence M , Barak. Justice M , Neaman. President , Peres.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
Saturday, May 7, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos