Source: International Middle East Media Center (IMEMC)
Saturday August 27, 2011
Several injuries were reported in Nil’in village, near the central West Bank city of Ramallah, as Israeli soldiers fired a barrage of gas bombs at the weekly nonviolent protest against the Wall and Settlements.
Local residents, accompanied by international and Israeli peace activists, held their weekly protest after the residents conducted Friday prayers near the Annexation Wall isolating them from their lands, and expressed solidarity with their brothers and sisters facing ongoing Israeli escalation and bombardment in the Gaza Strip.
The protesters carried Palestinian flags, and chanted in support of Gaza, and against the ongoing Israeli violations in Palestine.
As the protesters marched towards the gate of the Annexation Wall, troops fired gas bombs leading dozens of residents to suffer the effects of teargas inhalation.
‘Ahed Al Khawaja, a local activist in Ni’lin, stated that this protest is also meant to congratulate the Libyan people for their victories and revolution against Qaddafi, and to salute the Syrian people and their uprising against Assad.
Al Khawaja added that this protest also comes in solidarity with occupied Jerusalem and its native Palestinians, facing ongoing ethnic cleansing aiming at removing them from their homes and land.
Ni'lin Weekly Demo 26 08 2011 - YouTube: Nilinvillage on Aug 27, 2011
News and Reports- External Links
- Haneyya reiterates Palestinians would never surrender...
- Islamic Jihad truce 'to protect Palestinians'
- Witnesses: Settlers attack olive trees in Salfit
- Abbas: UN bid not meant to isolate US, Israel
- Hamas official says Israel 'playing with fire'
- Shaath: UN bid to go ahead 'despite US threats'
- Israel profits from the holy month of Ramadan
- 'Quds Day shows support for Palestine'
- Bahar warns Israeli occupation government against...
- Prisoners complain of headaches after scramblers planted...
- Olive Revolution: New nonviolent resistance movement...
- Hundreds of thousands of worshippers attend night...
- Israel threatened launching extensive military assault...
- Report: Egypt thwarts plan to assassinate Haniyeh
- A First Person Account of Al Quds Day at Qalandiya
- Pakistanis mark global Quds Day
- Norwegians hold Quds day rally
- Undercover Forces Kidnap Two Hamas Members In Jenin
- 'Popular Egyptian support for Palestine'
- PFLP armed wing claims 2 Ashkelon rockets
- Report: Rockets land in southern Israel overnight
- Hamas members arrested in Jenin
- Save the Khan al Ahmar School!
- Thousands of Egyptian troops deployed to Sinai
- US call for Assad resignation 'insolent'
- Israel frees journalists arrested at Bethlehem protest
- EU's Ashton to visit Ramallah, meet Abbas
- 'Palestinians must get back their land'
- Muslims mark Intl. Quds Day in Moscow
- Olive Revolution seeks free access to East Jerusalem...
- Ghana to support Palestinian UN Bid
- Paris holds International Quds Day rally
- Syrians back Palestinians against Israel
- Palestinians accept new Israeli truce
- US diplomat threatens to cut PA funds
- Israeli airstrikes kill Gazans (Travis Brecher, Reuters...
- How Israel takes its revenge on boys who throw stones...
- The Palestine Liberation Organization, the future...
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt deploys 1000s of troops in Sinai
- Thousands Protest In Front Of Israeli Embassy In Cairo
- Palestinians barred from Aqsa Mosque
- Edward Said on claims to the land and the occupation...
- Israeli Army Responds with Violent Backlash at Qalandiya...
- Clashes Reported At The Qalandia Terminal
- Ufree Demands An Immediate Release Of Reporter Samer...
- Resident, Child, Injured As Army Attacks Nonviolent...
- "Wake me up, when September ends"
- Around 300 thousand worshipers attend Friday prayers...
- Gaza children injured by Israeli airstrike
- Six Protesters Wounded in Kafr Qaddoum
- Soldiers Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest In Nil’in
- Troops Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest in Bil’in
- Video: No Place is Safe in Gaza
- Qalandia demonstration brutally crushed
- Murdoch Press and the Fictional Jewish Chocolatier
- Republicans Attack Obama as No Friend of Israel
- Fighting stops in Gaza but fears of further violence...
- Professor Abdul-Sattar Qasem detained by PA
- Palestine: Arduous Odyssey of Statehood
- Will Cameron Vote for Palestinian Freedom?
- Hidden Histories – Book Review
- culpable on Gaza’s atrocities
- Olive Revolution in pictures: Palestinians march on...
- Official: Palestinian hurt in clash with settlers
- Police deploy in force in Jerusalem's Old City
- 'Muslims obligated to help free al-Quds'
- Israeli occupation detains lawmaker Anwar Zaboun
- Global actions target Egyptian Embassies to break...
- French giant Veolia cut down to size for abusing Palestinian...
- 'World needs to move to lift Gaza siege'
- 'Israel is trying to Judaize al-Quds'
- Azeris mark Quds Day amid crackdown
- Quds Day resolution wants end of Israel
- PA intelligence summon journalist Ali Qaraqe’
- Palestine support key in MENA uprisings
- PA: Honduras recognizes Palestinian state
- Inhumane treatment meted to lawyers visiting Palestinian...
- Israeli "Response" to Gaza: Blurring the Line
- Thousands demonstrations in Gaza to mark world Quds...
- Far-right American broadcaster seeks to reinforce...
- Egyptians hold massive anti-Israel rally
- 'Quds Day spells end of West dominion'
- 'Occupiers must leave Muslim lands'
- Israel still seeking an apology-free rapprochement...
- PFLP brigades claim rocket fired into Ashkelon
- Palestinians rally in Gaza City for Al-Quds Day
- Palestinians Thirsting for Justice in Water-Starved...
- Bahrainis defy Quds Day rally ban
- Israel prevents Quds Day rally
- Haniyeh: We will not recognize Israel
- Elderly farmer murdered in Israeli airstrike in Buriej
- Occupation renews administrative detention of Palestinian...
- Israel snipers use laser device to kill
- Gaza militant group pledges resistance of Jewish Jerusalem
- Ahmadinejad: Palestine statehood just 'step forward'
- Israel escalates attacks despite agreeing to ceasefire...
- "Settlers" Hate Tour in Hebron (planxtysumoud)
- Anti-Israel protests held in Saudi Arabia
- Israeli troops fire tear gas at protest in Qalandiya
- Report: Israel approves Egypt troop influx in Sinai
- South Africa activists visit Gaza
- 'Caging Israel restores world peace'
- 'Israel existence insults human dignity'
- Palestinian state could leave millions of refugees...
- Sent using Google Toolbar
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine