Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:6AM GMT
Hanna Qassis, Press TV, Ramallah
"The Israeli occupation forces launched an arrest campaign in the city of Hebron, in the south of the West Bank.
Over 16 leaders and members of the Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, amongst others, were arrested overnight.
“Yesterday, approximately 20 residents of the Hebron Governorate were arrested. The goal behind these arrests is to further suffocate our people and our people's steadfastness in Hebron. The arrests were concentrated in Hebron city, and as you know there is a big settlement presence in the Hebron district and Israeli military presence.“
The arrests come as no surprise, since the Israeli Occupation forces abduct and arrest Palestinians on a daily basis, around 200 arrests per month.
“This is routine work is in unison with the occupations policies that aim at keeping the Palestinian people, within all of our components, under pressure. They might also be security preparations by the occupation forces as preventive steps for September. “
Dozens of Israeli military vehicles, including jeeps and armored personnel carriers invaded the city of Hebron minutes before the night house raids and arrests began.
The Israeli occupations inability to explain their arbitrary arrests leads the Palestinians to be convinced that they are found guilty of only being colonized natural inhabitants of this land.
Israeli occupation forces launch arrest campaign in Hebron - Press TV News:
"presstvmobile on Aug 10, 2011
News and Reports August 10, 2011- External Links
- The economic link between the tent protests and the...
- Straining Every Nerve Against UN Membership for Palestine
- Swansea Palestine Action on Israeli News
- Israeli troops attack anti-wall protest
- Sources of fun dwindle for Gaza's children
- Number of West Bankers who refuse to comply with summonses...
- PA proves ‘unserious’ about reconciliation
- Palestinian university ranks seventh in Arab world
- حصاد موقع سلوانك
- Communications cut off in Gaza Strip
- Map of the restrictions on Palestinian Movement in...
- Jewish settlers infiltrate Al-Khalil under police...
- Israeli police arrest four Jerusalemite minors
- 14 Feb.'11: B’Tselem volunteers film soldiers waking...
- Congressman: US ready to veto recognition bid
- 11 detained at rally near Bethlehem
- Fatah: Israel trying to create chaos for PA
- Analysis: Ambitious plans to boost oPt transport,...
- Campaign for UN bid launched in Ramallah
- Rightists enter Aqsa mosque compound
- Israel cuts Gaza communication lines
- Hamas: Shalit Deal Still On
- Turkey warns of worse to come in ties with Israel
- Marwan Barghouti warns of protests if US wields veto
- Hamas: No improvement at Rafah crossing
- Turkey condemns Israeli settlement expansion
- Israel's rights groups condemn 'Jews only' businesses...
- MPs: Palestinians tired of promises, want real reconciliation
- IOF arrests Al-Jazeera correspondent, 5 Palestinians...
- Israeli military prosecutor demands banishment of...
- Palestinian old woman wounded in IOF shooting
- Israel fires Dimona cook over photos
- Internet, phone service restored in Gaza
- Fatah Report Claims Dahlan Poisoned Arafat and Stole...
- Six People Detained As Israeli Army Chases Non-Violent...
- Az-Zahhar: Unity 'worthless' until government formed
- Palestinians Prisoners Languish in Administrative...
- Population of Gaza fears Israeli invasion in midst...
- Call from Gaza: Open the Rafah Crossing Now!
- US slams Israel for settlement expansion
- Iran to name street after Rachel Corrie
- Evening clashes, Molotov thrown at Beit Yonatan settlement
- Four Austalian pro-Palestine/BDS activists arrested...
- Street shut down for Jewish holiday, severe congestion
- Communications 'blackout' in Gaza
- Straining Every Nerve against UN Membership for Palestine
- on requests for #j14 solidarity
- Israel cracks down on bribery at checkpoints
- Barak: Don't cut funding to defense budget
- 'Dozens' of settlers enter West Bank holy site
- US 'deeply concerned' by settlement expansion
- Where in the World is YOUR Representative?!
- Call From Gaza: Open The Rafah Crossing Permanently...
- Egyptian ambassador breaks fast with exile-threatened...
- Bardawil: Big progress in Hamas-Fatah meet, relatives...
- Decision to release prisoner who finished sentence...
- Sabri condemns settlers’ desecration of Aqsa Mosque
- Extremist Jews invade Al-Aqsa Mosque for the second...
- IOF troops round up 17 Hamas supporters in Al-Khalil...
- IOF bulldozes Palestinian land east of Al-Khalil to...
- Like Visiting Apartheid South Africa with an Anglo-Boer...
- Managing Medical In-Kind Donations
- Time for Thyme
- Australia's repression of BDS movement coordinated...
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine