Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:55PM GMT
Shahana Butt, Press TV, Indian-administered Kashmir
In Indian-controlled Kashmir, thousands of people took to streets in support of Palestinian cause. People from all walks of life expressed solidarity with the oppressed nation tor remind the world community of the occupation of the Palestinian territories by Israel.
Al-Quds Day is observed every year in most countries on Last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan. The idea of Al-Quds Day was initiated by the late leader of the Islamic revolution in Iran, Ayatollah Khomeini, in support of the Palestinians.
After Friday Prayers, tens of thousands of people come together in Kashmir's mosques to condemn the Israeli aggression against the Palestine's and what they call atrocities of India in Kashmir.
Addressing people, Mirwaiz Molvi Umer, top cleric of Kashmir and a pro-independence leader said.
The Al-Quds Day in Kashmir turned violent as police tried to stop peaple from further marching the streets. Police fired tear gas to disperse the protesters while protesters hurled stones at them.
Over the past six decades, Kashmir stands divided between India and Pakistan's controlled parts; however, both claim the region in entirety. Tens of thousands of people have been killed in the region since the unrest began in 1989.
People in Indian controlled Kashmir say they like the Palestinians are under occupation; however, they are hopeful that their continued peaceful struggle will lead them to final freedom.
News and Reports- External Links
- 'Palestinians must get back their land'
- Muslims mark Intl. Quds Day in Moscow
- Olive Revolution seeks free access to East Jerusalem...
- Ghana to support Palestinian UN Bid
- Paris holds International Quds Day rally
- Syrians back Palestinians against Israel
- Palestinians accept new Israeli truce
- US diplomat threatens to cut PA funds
- Israeli airstrikes kill Gazans (Travis Brecher, Reuters...
- How Israel takes its revenge on boys who throw stones...
- The Palestine Liberation Organization, the future...
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt deploys 1000s of troops in Sinai
- Thousands Protest In Front Of Israeli Embassy In Cairo
- Palestinians barred from Aqsa Mosque
- Edward Said on claims to the land and the occupation...
- Israeli Army Responds with Violent Backlash at Qalandiya...
- Clashes Reported At The Qalandia Terminal
- Ufree Demands An Immediate Release Of Reporter Samer...
- Resident, Child, Injured As Army Attacks Nonviolent...
- "Wake me up, when September ends"
- Around 300 thousand worshipers attend Friday prayers...
- Gaza children injured by Israeli airstrike
- Six Protesters Wounded in Kafr Qaddoum
- Soldiers Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest In Nil’in
- Troops Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest in Bil’in
- Video: No Place is Safe in Gaza
- Qalandia demonstration brutally crushed
- Murdoch Press and the Fictional Jewish Chocolatier
- Republicans Attack Obama as No Friend of Israel
- Fighting stops in Gaza but fears of further violence...
- Professor Abdul-Sattar Qasem detained by PA
- Palestine: Arduous Odyssey of Statehood
- Will Cameron Vote for Palestinian Freedom?
- Hidden Histories – Book Review
- culpable on Gaza’s atrocities
- Olive Revolution in pictures: Palestinians march on...
- Official: Palestinian hurt in clash with settlers
- Police deploy in force in Jerusalem's Old City
- 'Muslims obligated to help free al-Quds'
- Israeli occupation detains lawmaker Anwar Zaboun
- Global actions target Egyptian Embassies to break...
- French giant Veolia cut down to size for abusing Palestinian...
- 'World needs to move to lift Gaza siege'
- 'Israel is trying to Judaize al-Quds'
- Azeris mark Quds Day amid crackdown
- Quds Day resolution wants end of Israel
- PA intelligence summon journalist Ali Qaraqe’
- Palestine support key in MENA uprisings
- PA: Honduras recognizes Palestinian state
- Inhumane treatment meted to lawyers visiting Palestinian...
- Israeli "Response" to Gaza: Blurring the Line
- Thousands demonstrations in Gaza to mark world Quds...
- Far-right American broadcaster seeks to reinforce...
- Egyptians hold massive anti-Israel rally
- 'Quds Day spells end of West dominion'
- 'Occupiers must leave Muslim lands'
- Israel still seeking an apology-free rapprochement...
- PFLP brigades claim rocket fired into Ashkelon
- Palestinians rally in Gaza City for Al-Quds Day
- Palestinians Thirsting for Justice in Water-Starved...
- Bahrainis defy Quds Day rally ban
- Israel prevents Quds Day rally
- Haniyeh: We will not recognize Israel
- Elderly farmer murdered in Israeli airstrike in Buriej
- Occupation renews administrative detention of Palestinian...
- Israel snipers use laser device to kill
- Gaza militant group pledges resistance of Jewish Jerusalem
- Ahmadinejad: Palestine statehood just 'step forward'
- Israel escalates attacks despite agreeing to ceasefire...
- "Settlers" Hate Tour in Hebron (planxtysumoud)
- Anti-Israel protests held in Saudi Arabia
- Israeli troops fire tear gas at protest in Qalandiya
- Report: Israel approves Egypt troop influx in Sinai
- South Africa activists visit Gaza
- 'Caging Israel restores world peace'
- 'Israel existence insults human dignity'
- Palestinian state could leave millions of refugees...
- Western press and addressing grievances in Gaza
- Police clash with Bahrainis on Quds Day
- Egypt to hold massive anti-Israel rally
- Islamic Jihad: Ceasefire with Israel agreed at dawn
- Factions In Gaza Declare Truce
- PCHR Weekly Report: 17 killed, including 2 children;...
- Quds Day rallies start across Iran
- Ahmadinejad: Quds Day calls for justice
- El Salvador Recognizes Independent Palestinian State
- Loewenstein on BDS and the Max Brenner protests: Enough...
- El Salvador recognizes Palestine
- Iftar at the House of the Ezkadenia
- Ashrawi: UN statehood bid no threat to PLO
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt's military ruler Tantawi and the American siege...
- Picture: Gaza weather forecast
- El Salvador recognizes Palestine as independent state
- Seattle's New Print Ad Campaign
- Eight Palestinians Killed Thursday; 11 in Two Days
- Israel kills 11 Palestinians in 24 hrs
- PRC says its armed wing will scrap truce
- Don’t demolish my future!
- Sent using Google Toolbar
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine