Tue Aug 2, 2011 10:12AM GMT
Yousef al-Helou, Press Tv, Gaza
"Almost 2.5 years have passed since the end of Israel's 3-week offensive on Gaza at the turn of 2009, which left over 1400 people most of them civilians killed, over 5000 injured and 1000's of residential homes and public buildings were totally or partially destroyed. 60 police stations and security posts were also attacked across the besieged territory.
Hamas interior ministry said it has managed to re-build most of the targeted stations and constructed new security facilities
The Police Academy in Gaza city was the first place that was targeted on the 1st day of Israel's 22-day aggression where 300 police officers lost their lives.
Police officers receive educational workshops on how to deal with different situations such as fighting drugs and crime. the ministry added that the security situation in the strip is under control
In addition to its role of maintaining security, agricultural and production projects are some of the ministry's achievements which create 1000's of jobs.
News and Reports
- Israel behind Iran academic hit: Spiegel
- Opposing police intimidation, pro-Palestine supporters...
- PACBI-Call for a Swedish academic boycott of Israel
- PACBI-تطبيع صحافي عربي مؤسف
- Gaza launches relief campaign to support the Somali...
- Ramadan in Palestine
- Feministas de EE.UU. denuncian el apartheid y llaman...
- Ramadan in Gaza
- Solidaridad del pueblo griego con el Gernika
- Jerusalemite youths abort settlers’ attempt to storm...
- Qabaha: UN option should be part of comprehensive...
- IOA banishes Jerusalemite, arrests others
- Hamas asks Lebanese gov’t not to discuss ban on building...
- Resheq: Hamas, Fatah meeting in Cairo next Sunday
- Miles of Smiles to send 3 more aid convoys to Gaza
- Female detainee marks 2 years in administrative detention
- En el Día de la Paz, anímate a correr por las personas...
- Muslims in the West Bank usher in Ramadan amidst economic...
- 11 tons of expired mineral water seized in Gaza
- 2 Aug. '11: Video: Undercover police detain 13-year-old...
- Miles of smiles convoy to Gaza
- Israeli court: West Bank outpost must be dismantled
- Israel slaps restraining orders on 12 settlers
- Settlers torch 150 dunams of farmland to the south...
- West Bank Settlers Given Restraining Orders
- Israeli forces detain 1 in Hebron village raid
- PACBI: تطبيع صحافي عربي مؤسف http://t.co/ky2AJlJ #BDS
- EU contributes €22.5 million to pay PA salaries
- USA, Israel agree on broad lines for resuming negotiations
- Israeli warplanes raid southern, northern Gaza
- Israel aircraft breach Lebanon airspace
- 'Zionism incompatible with Israelis'
- Daughter of prisoner passes Tawjihi with flying colors
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Reportedly...
- Right-Wing Settlers Barred From West Bank For Terrorist...
- Bethlehem holds wake for victims of Norway attacks
- US split on Zionists co-op: Iran Cmdr.
- Israel utopia reality is 24% in poverty
- 'Israel tries to divert internal crisis'
- US, Israel propose new talks to head off Palestinian...
- How Israel's left is missing the point (Ben White,...
- Al Walajah faces separation wall construction and...
- Palestinians Prepare for Massive Uprising (Mel Frykberg,...
- Israeli warplanes bombard Gaza Strip
- U.N. Rights Committee Breaks 43-Year Israeli Taboo...
- Indian artists boycott Tel Aviv museum show
- Israel launches airstrike on south Gaza
- Hezbollah: Israel targeted all of Lebanon
- Israel unveils secret missile
- Fear of Peace: The Israeli Motivator
- German Christian school expels Muslim
- The Norwegian Massacre, the State, the Media and Israel
- Museum of Tolerance: Israel's Blindness
- Saudi Committee dispatches large in-kind food donation...
- Displacement and Insecurity in Area C of the West...
- OCHA report highlights plight of Palestinians in Area...
- Human right to water and sanitation - Palestine Observer...
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine