Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16PM GMT
Karim Gamal el-Deen, Press TV, Cairo
Massive crowds gathered outside the israeli embassy to demand the expulsion of the israeli ambassador to Cairo and to mark al-Quds day in solidarity with the palestinian people.
Tensions between the two countries have surged after the Israeli troops have killed 5 Egyptian soldiers in a deadly air raid on the Egyptian border near Eilat. Also, the protesters told Press TV that they demand the military to take a firmer stand against Israel
The protests were not only limited to Egyptians, some demonstrators came all the way from the UK to mark al-Quds day in Cairo on their way to Gaza in solidarity with the Palestinians and the Palestinian cause.
The sit-in outside the Israeli embassy has been ongoing for the past six days and the protesters have vowed to stay until their legitimate demands are met.
You can also see the video from YouTube if your bandwidth is not high enough
Protests continue in front of Israeli embassy in Egypt - PressTV 110827:
newsupload2010 on Aug 27, 2011
News and Reports- External Links
- Haneyya reiterates Palestinians would never surrender...
- Islamic Jihad truce 'to protect Palestinians'
- Witnesses: Settlers attack olive trees in Salfit
- Abbas: UN bid not meant to isolate US, Israel
- Hamas official says Israel 'playing with fire'
- Shaath: UN bid to go ahead 'despite US threats'
- Israel profits from the holy month of Ramadan
- 'Quds Day shows support for Palestine'
- Bahar warns Israeli occupation government against...
- Prisoners complain of headaches after scramblers planted...
- Olive Revolution: New nonviolent resistance movement...
- Hundreds of thousands of worshippers attend night...
- Israel threatened launching extensive military assault...
- Report: Egypt thwarts plan to assassinate Haniyeh
- A First Person Account of Al Quds Day at Qalandiya
- Pakistanis mark global Quds Day
- Norwegians hold Quds day rally
- Undercover Forces Kidnap Two Hamas Members In Jenin
- 'Popular Egyptian support for Palestine'
- PFLP armed wing claims 2 Ashkelon rockets
- Report: Rockets land in southern Israel overnight
- Hamas members arrested in Jenin
- Save the Khan al Ahmar School!
- Thousands of Egyptian troops deployed to Sinai
- US call for Assad resignation 'insolent'
- Israel frees journalists arrested at Bethlehem protest
- EU's Ashton to visit Ramallah, meet Abbas
- 'Palestinians must get back their land'
- Muslims mark Intl. Quds Day in Moscow
- Olive Revolution seeks free access to East Jerusalem...
- Ghana to support Palestinian UN Bid
- Paris holds International Quds Day rally
- Syrians back Palestinians against Israel
- Palestinians accept new Israeli truce
- US diplomat threatens to cut PA funds
- Israeli airstrikes kill Gazans (Travis Brecher, Reuters...
- How Israel takes its revenge on boys who throw stones...
- The Palestine Liberation Organization, the future...
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt deploys 1000s of troops in Sinai
- Thousands Protest In Front Of Israeli Embassy In Cairo
- Palestinians barred from Aqsa Mosque
- Edward Said on claims to the land and the occupation...
- Israeli Army Responds with Violent Backlash at Qalandiya...
- Clashes Reported At The Qalandia Terminal
- Ufree Demands An Immediate Release Of Reporter Samer...
- Resident, Child, Injured As Army Attacks Nonviolent...
- "Wake me up, when September ends"
- Around 300 thousand worshipers attend Friday prayers...
- Gaza children injured by Israeli airstrike
- Six Protesters Wounded in Kafr Qaddoum
- Soldiers Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest In Nil’in
- Troops Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest in Bil’in
- Video: No Place is Safe in Gaza
- Qalandia demonstration brutally crushed
- Murdoch Press and the Fictional Jewish Chocolatier
- Republicans Attack Obama as No Friend of Israel
- Fighting stops in Gaza but fears of further violence...
- Professor Abdul-Sattar Qasem detained by PA
- Palestine: Arduous Odyssey of Statehood
- Will Cameron Vote for Palestinian Freedom?
- Hidden Histories – Book Review
- culpable on Gaza’s atrocities
- Olive Revolution in pictures: Palestinians march on...
- Official: Palestinian hurt in clash with settlers
- Police deploy in force in Jerusalem's Old City
- 'Muslims obligated to help free al-Quds'
- Israeli occupation detains lawmaker Anwar Zaboun
- Global actions target Egyptian Embassies to break...
- French giant Veolia cut down to size for abusing Palestinian...
- 'World needs to move to lift Gaza siege'
- 'Israel is trying to Judaize al-Quds'
- Azeris mark Quds Day amid crackdown
- Quds Day resolution wants end of Israel
- PA intelligence summon journalist Ali Qaraqe’
- Palestine support key in MENA uprisings
- PA: Honduras recognizes Palestinian state
- Inhumane treatment meted to lawyers visiting Palestinian...
- Israeli "Response" to Gaza: Blurring the Line
- Thousands demonstrations in Gaza to mark world Quds...
- Far-right American broadcaster seeks to reinforce...
- Egyptians hold massive anti-Israel rally
- 'Quds Day spells end of West dominion'
- 'Occupiers must leave Muslim lands'
- Israel still seeking an apology-free rapprochement...
- PFLP brigades claim rocket fired into Ashkelon
- Palestinians rally in Gaza City for Al-Quds Day
- Palestinians Thirsting for Justice in Water-Starved...
- Bahrainis defy Quds Day rally ban
- Israel prevents Quds Day rally
- Haniyeh: We will not recognize Israel
- Elderly farmer murdered in Israeli airstrike in Buriej
- Occupation renews administrative detention of Palestinian...
- Israel snipers use laser device to kill
- Gaza militant group pledges resistance of Jewish Jerusalem
- Ahmadinejad: Palestine statehood just 'step forward'
- Israel escalates attacks despite agreeing to ceasefire...
- "Settlers" Hate Tour in Hebron (planxtysumoud)
- Anti-Israel protests held in Saudi Arabia
- Israeli troops fire tear gas at protest in Qalandiya
- Report: Israel approves Egypt troop influx in Sinai
- South Africa activists visit Gaza
- 'Caging Israel restores world peace'
- 'Israel existence insults human dignity'
- Palestinian state could leave millions of refugees...
- Sent using Google Toolbar
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine