Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:25PM GMT
Yousef al-Helou, Press TV, Gaza
"Following days of Israeli military escalation in Gaza, Palestinian resistance factions including Islamic Jihad said the resistance is ready to counter any ground incursions into Gaza.
This comes as a number of Israeli officials called in recent days for a new military operation against Gaza to stop what they called the rocket fire from the besieged territory into southern Israel.
Israel has been rocked by mass protests over rising living costs and Hamas has said Israel is trying to provoke Palestinian resistance groups in order to unite Israeli society behind Netanyahu's far-right government.
This comes as the Palestinian leadership led by PA chief Mahmoud Abbas is determined to go to the UN in September to seek unilateral recognition of statehood.
And amidst the internal financial crisis, analysts say Israel might escape this crisis by exporting it to Gaza.
The Gaza strip has been under the siege for over 5 years and has been subjected to frequent air, sea and ground attacks.
People in besieged Gaza had enough, they want the international community to take practical steps to end the Israeli occupation and siege and provide protection for the civilian population.
Palestinian resistance factions ready to counter any ground incursions into Gaza - Press TV News:
"presstvmobile on Aug 10, 2011
News and Reports August 10, 2011- External Links
- The economic link between the tent protests and the...
- Straining Every Nerve Against UN Membership for Palestine
- Swansea Palestine Action on Israeli News
- Israeli troops attack anti-wall protest
- Sources of fun dwindle for Gaza's children
- Number of West Bankers who refuse to comply with summonses...
- PA proves ‘unserious’ about reconciliation
- Palestinian university ranks seventh in Arab world
- حصاد موقع سلوانك
- Communications cut off in Gaza Strip
- Map of the restrictions on Palestinian Movement in...
- Jewish settlers infiltrate Al-Khalil under police...
- Israeli police arrest four Jerusalemite minors
- 14 Feb.'11: B’Tselem volunteers film soldiers waking...
- Congressman: US ready to veto recognition bid
- 11 detained at rally near Bethlehem
- Fatah: Israel trying to create chaos for PA
- Analysis: Ambitious plans to boost oPt transport,...
- Campaign for UN bid launched in Ramallah
- Rightists enter Aqsa mosque compound
- Israel cuts Gaza communication lines
- Hamas: Shalit Deal Still On
- Turkey warns of worse to come in ties with Israel
- Marwan Barghouti warns of protests if US wields veto
- Hamas: No improvement at Rafah crossing
- Turkey condemns Israeli settlement expansion
- Israel's rights groups condemn 'Jews only' businesses...
- MPs: Palestinians tired of promises, want real reconciliation
- IOF arrests Al-Jazeera correspondent, 5 Palestinians...
- Israeli military prosecutor demands banishment of...
- Palestinian old woman wounded in IOF shooting
- Israel fires Dimona cook over photos
- Internet, phone service restored in Gaza
- Fatah Report Claims Dahlan Poisoned Arafat and Stole...
- Six People Detained As Israeli Army Chases Non-Violent...
- Az-Zahhar: Unity 'worthless' until government formed
- Palestinians Prisoners Languish in Administrative...
- Population of Gaza fears Israeli invasion in midst...
- Call from Gaza: Open the Rafah Crossing Now!
- US slams Israel for settlement expansion
- Iran to name street after Rachel Corrie
- Evening clashes, Molotov thrown at Beit Yonatan settlement
- Four Austalian pro-Palestine/BDS activists arrested...
- Street shut down for Jewish holiday, severe congestion
- Communications 'blackout' in Gaza
- Straining Every Nerve against UN Membership for Palestine
- on requests for #j14 solidarity
- Israel cracks down on bribery at checkpoints
- Barak: Don't cut funding to defense budget
- 'Dozens' of settlers enter West Bank holy site
- US 'deeply concerned' by settlement expansion
- Where in the World is YOUR Representative?!
- Call From Gaza: Open The Rafah Crossing Permanently...
- Egyptian ambassador breaks fast with exile-threatened...
- Bardawil: Big progress in Hamas-Fatah meet, relatives...
- Decision to release prisoner who finished sentence...
- Sabri condemns settlers’ desecration of Aqsa Mosque
- Extremist Jews invade Al-Aqsa Mosque for the second...
- IOF troops round up 17 Hamas supporters in Al-Khalil...
- IOF bulldozes Palestinian land east of Al-Khalil to...
- Like Visiting Apartheid South Africa with an Anglo-Boer...
- Managing Medical In-Kind Donations
- Time for Thyme
- Australia's repression of BDS movement coordinated...
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine