Mon Aug 1, 2011 9:35PM GMT
Ibrahim Husseini, Press TV, Qalandia refugee camp
"Shortly after 2:00 am Monday morning, an Israeli force said to be made up of at least 60 men, penetrated the Qalandia refugee camp, just to the north of Jerusalem Alquds, from three points.
The aim of the operation is said to have been a search and arrest. Residents of the refugee camp were out in the streets preparing for the first day of the holy Muslim month of Ramadan when the Israeli force suddenly appeared.
The aim of the operation might have been a search and arrest, but residents say Israeli troops panicked and began to shoot indiscriminately at residents, and when the operation was over, 2 Palestinians were shot and killed and a third seriously wounded.
As for the declared aim of the operation; Israeli troops arrested 3 Palestinians all under 17 years of age.
Thousands have come out to bid farewell to Motasem Manasra and Ali Khalife, two young men in their early twenties killed by israeli occupation forces in the early morning hours of Monday in the qalandia refugee camp. The residents say the two men were unarmed and posed no threat.
The Palestinian authority condemned the killing of the two men and accused Israel of attempting to create an atmosphere of escalation ahead of September'.
The Israeli army said that 5 of its soldiers were wounded during operation after residents threw rocks at them.
Mutasem Manasra was 22, a law student at a local university while Ali Khalifeh was 23, and a member of the Palestinian military intelligence. Residents say neither of the men posed any threat nor confronted the Israeli army.
News and Reports
- Israel behind Iran academic hit: Spiegel
- Opposing police intimidation, pro-Palestine supporters...
- PACBI-Call for a Swedish academic boycott of Israel
- PACBI-تطبيع صحافي عربي مؤسف
- Gaza launches relief campaign to support the Somali...
- Ramadan in Palestine
- Feministas de EE.UU. denuncian el apartheid y llaman...
- Ramadan in Gaza
- Solidaridad del pueblo griego con el Gernika
- Jerusalemite youths abort settlers’ attempt to storm...
- Qabaha: UN option should be part of comprehensive...
- IOA banishes Jerusalemite, arrests others
- Hamas asks Lebanese gov’t not to discuss ban on building...
- Resheq: Hamas, Fatah meeting in Cairo next Sunday
- Miles of Smiles to send 3 more aid convoys to Gaza
- Female detainee marks 2 years in administrative detention
- En el Día de la Paz, anímate a correr por las personas...
- Muslims in the West Bank usher in Ramadan amidst economic...
- 11 tons of expired mineral water seized in Gaza
- 2 Aug. '11: Video: Undercover police detain 13-year-old...
- Miles of smiles convoy to Gaza
- Israeli court: West Bank outpost must be dismantled
- Israel slaps restraining orders on 12 settlers
- Settlers torch 150 dunams of farmland to the south...
- West Bank Settlers Given Restraining Orders
- Israeli forces detain 1 in Hebron village raid
- PACBI: تطبيع صحافي عربي مؤسف http://t.co/ky2AJlJ #BDS
- EU contributes €22.5 million to pay PA salaries
- USA, Israel agree on broad lines for resuming negotiations
- Israeli warplanes raid southern, northern Gaza
- Israel aircraft breach Lebanon airspace
- 'Zionism incompatible with Israelis'
- Daughter of prisoner passes Tawjihi with flying colors
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Reportedly...
- Right-Wing Settlers Barred From West Bank For Terrorist...
- Bethlehem holds wake for victims of Norway attacks
- US split on Zionists co-op: Iran Cmdr.
- Israel utopia reality is 24% in poverty
- 'Israel tries to divert internal crisis'
- US, Israel propose new talks to head off Palestinian...
- How Israel's left is missing the point (Ben White,...
- Al Walajah faces separation wall construction and...
- Palestinians Prepare for Massive Uprising (Mel Frykberg,...
- Israeli warplanes bombard Gaza Strip
- U.N. Rights Committee Breaks 43-Year Israeli Taboo...
- Indian artists boycott Tel Aviv museum show
- Israel launches airstrike on south Gaza
- Hezbollah: Israel targeted all of Lebanon
- Israel unveils secret missile
- Fear of Peace: The Israeli Motivator
- German Christian school expels Muslim
- The Norwegian Massacre, the State, the Media and Israel
- Museum of Tolerance: Israel's Blindness
- Saudi Committee dispatches large in-kind food donation...
- Displacement and Insecurity in Area C of the West...
- OCHA report highlights plight of Palestinians in Area...
- Human right to water and sanitation - Palestine Observer...
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine