Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39AM GMT
Mariam Saleh, Press TV, South Lebanon
The international day of al-Quds was celebrated in Lebanon as all over the world.
Hundreds of thousands of people flocked into the southern village of Maroun Al-Ras to celebrate the occasion that denounces the 1967 Israeli occupation of the holy city of Al-Quds.
Today's rally was highlighted by a speech by Head of Hezbollah Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah who stressed that Palestinian negotiation for an independent state should include all Palestinian land:
Sayyed nasrallah also stressed on the role of the Islamic and Arab states in protecting al-Quds.
Head of Hezbollah lauded the popular protests all over the world in support for al-Quds, but especially in the Egyptian capital Cairo. On another hand, Nasrallah warned of western pressure against Syria which he says has always been a great supporter of the Palestinians and Lebanese in their plight.
The people attending chanted slogans in support of the Palestinian and Lebanese resistance movements and called for an end to the Israeli occupation of al-Quds and the Israeli blockade against the Gaza strip:
Members of the Lebanese parliament also attended the rally and expressed the importance of Lebanon's historical support for the Palestinian cause.
The Israeli army was reported to have been on high alert in light of the al-Quds day protests taking place on bordering areas. Tens of people were killed in protests marking Nakba day, the 1948 expulsion of Palestinians from their homeland in May of this year including on the Lebanese southern border as many Palestinians tried to cross the barbed wires. Several people were also killed during Naksa day protests last June which commemorates the occupation of al-Quds.
News and Reports- External Links
- 'Palestinians must get back their land'
- Muslims mark Intl. Quds Day in Moscow
- Olive Revolution seeks free access to East Jerusalem...
- Ghana to support Palestinian UN Bid
- Paris holds International Quds Day rally
- Syrians back Palestinians against Israel
- Palestinians accept new Israeli truce
- US diplomat threatens to cut PA funds
- Israeli airstrikes kill Gazans (Travis Brecher, Reuters...
- How Israel takes its revenge on boys who throw stones...
- The Palestine Liberation Organization, the future...
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt deploys 1000s of troops in Sinai
- Thousands Protest In Front Of Israeli Embassy In Cairo
- Palestinians barred from Aqsa Mosque
- Edward Said on claims to the land and the occupation...
- Israeli Army Responds with Violent Backlash at Qalandiya...
- Clashes Reported At The Qalandia Terminal
- Ufree Demands An Immediate Release Of Reporter Samer...
- Resident, Child, Injured As Army Attacks Nonviolent...
- "Wake me up, when September ends"
- Around 300 thousand worshipers attend Friday prayers...
- Gaza children injured by Israeli airstrike
- Six Protesters Wounded in Kafr Qaddoum
- Soldiers Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest In Nil’in
- Troops Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest in Bil’in
- Video: No Place is Safe in Gaza
- Qalandia demonstration brutally crushed
- Murdoch Press and the Fictional Jewish Chocolatier
- Republicans Attack Obama as No Friend of Israel
- Fighting stops in Gaza but fears of further violence...
- Professor Abdul-Sattar Qasem detained by PA
- Palestine: Arduous Odyssey of Statehood
- Will Cameron Vote for Palestinian Freedom?
- Hidden Histories – Book Review
- culpable on Gaza’s atrocities
- Olive Revolution in pictures: Palestinians march on...
- Official: Palestinian hurt in clash with settlers
- Police deploy in force in Jerusalem's Old City
- 'Muslims obligated to help free al-Quds'
- Israeli occupation detains lawmaker Anwar Zaboun
- Global actions target Egyptian Embassies to break...
- French giant Veolia cut down to size for abusing Palestinian...
- 'World needs to move to lift Gaza siege'
- 'Israel is trying to Judaize al-Quds'
- Azeris mark Quds Day amid crackdown
- Quds Day resolution wants end of Israel
- PA intelligence summon journalist Ali Qaraqe’
- Palestine support key in MENA uprisings
- PA: Honduras recognizes Palestinian state
- Inhumane treatment meted to lawyers visiting Palestinian...
- Israeli "Response" to Gaza: Blurring the Line
- Thousands demonstrations in Gaza to mark world Quds...
- Far-right American broadcaster seeks to reinforce...
- Egyptians hold massive anti-Israel rally
- 'Quds Day spells end of West dominion'
- 'Occupiers must leave Muslim lands'
- Israel still seeking an apology-free rapprochement...
- PFLP brigades claim rocket fired into Ashkelon
- Palestinians rally in Gaza City for Al-Quds Day
- Palestinians Thirsting for Justice in Water-Starved...
- Bahrainis defy Quds Day rally ban
- Israel prevents Quds Day rally
- Haniyeh: We will not recognize Israel
- Elderly farmer murdered in Israeli airstrike in Buriej
- Occupation renews administrative detention of Palestinian...
- Israel snipers use laser device to kill
- Gaza militant group pledges resistance of Jewish Jerusalem
- Ahmadinejad: Palestine statehood just 'step forward'
- Israel escalates attacks despite agreeing to ceasefire...
- "Settlers" Hate Tour in Hebron (planxtysumoud)
- Anti-Israel protests held in Saudi Arabia
- Israeli troops fire tear gas at protest in Qalandiya
- Report: Israel approves Egypt troop influx in Sinai
- South Africa activists visit Gaza
- 'Caging Israel restores world peace'
- 'Israel existence insults human dignity'
- Palestinian state could leave millions of refugees...
- Western press and addressing grievances in Gaza
- Police clash with Bahrainis on Quds Day
- Egypt to hold massive anti-Israel rally
- Islamic Jihad: Ceasefire with Israel agreed at dawn
- Factions In Gaza Declare Truce
- PCHR Weekly Report: 17 killed, including 2 children;...
- Quds Day rallies start across Iran
- Ahmadinejad: Quds Day calls for justice
- El Salvador Recognizes Independent Palestinian State
- Loewenstein on BDS and the Max Brenner protests: Enough...
- El Salvador recognizes Palestine
- Iftar at the House of the Ezkadenia
- Ashrawi: UN statehood bid no threat to PLO
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt's military ruler Tantawi and the American siege...
- Picture: Gaza weather forecast
- El Salvador recognizes Palestine as independent state
- Seattle's New Print Ad Campaign
- Eight Palestinians Killed Thursday; 11 in Two Days
- Israel kills 11 Palestinians in 24 hrs
- PRC says its armed wing will scrap truce
- Don’t demolish my future!
- Sent using Google Toolbar
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine