Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:38AM GMT
Ashraf Shannon, Press TV, Gaza
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip marked the international Quds Day after the Friday prayers.
Carrying placards that denounce the occupation of Palestine demonstrators said they are ready to sacrifice their lives to end the Israeli occupation of Jerusalem al-Quds.
Palestinian factions also took part in this international event
Initiated by the late founder of the Islamic Revolution in Iran, Imam Rouhollah Khomeini, the International Quds Day marks the last Friday of the holy month of Ramadan, when Muslims throughout the globe hold rallies in support of the Palestinian resistance against what the late Imam referred to as the illegitimate Israeli regime occupying Palestine.
An Iftar banquet in the honor of the International Quds Day was held under the auspices of the Resistance Committee For Palestine which is funded by Lebanese Resistance Leader Seyed Hassan Nasrallah.
The participants in the Iftar banquet also lauded Imam Khomeini and the people of the Islamic Republic of Iran for their support of the Palestinians.
Palestinians have repeatedly said that they consider East al-Quds, which Israel occupied in 1967 and annexed in 1981, as the capital of their future state.
The Al-Quds Day is an opportunity for people around the world to show their support for the Palestinians who have lived under occupation for generations and hope that by next year on this day they will have gained their freedom.
News and Reports- External Links
- 'Palestinians must get back their land'
- Muslims mark Intl. Quds Day in Moscow
- Olive Revolution seeks free access to East Jerusalem...
- Ghana to support Palestinian UN Bid
- Paris holds International Quds Day rally
- Syrians back Palestinians against Israel
- Palestinians accept new Israeli truce
- US diplomat threatens to cut PA funds
- Israeli airstrikes kill Gazans (Travis Brecher, Reuters...
- How Israel takes its revenge on boys who throw stones...
- The Palestine Liberation Organization, the future...
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt deploys 1000s of troops in Sinai
- Thousands Protest In Front Of Israeli Embassy In Cairo
- Palestinians barred from Aqsa Mosque
- Edward Said on claims to the land and the occupation...
- Israeli Army Responds with Violent Backlash at Qalandiya...
- Clashes Reported At The Qalandia Terminal
- Ufree Demands An Immediate Release Of Reporter Samer...
- Resident, Child, Injured As Army Attacks Nonviolent...
- "Wake me up, when September ends"
- Around 300 thousand worshipers attend Friday prayers...
- Gaza children injured by Israeli airstrike
- Six Protesters Wounded in Kafr Qaddoum
- Soldiers Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest In Nil’in
- Troops Attack Nonviolent Weekly Protest in Bil’in
- Video: No Place is Safe in Gaza
- Qalandia demonstration brutally crushed
- Murdoch Press and the Fictional Jewish Chocolatier
- Republicans Attack Obama as No Friend of Israel
- Fighting stops in Gaza but fears of further violence...
- Professor Abdul-Sattar Qasem detained by PA
- Palestine: Arduous Odyssey of Statehood
- Will Cameron Vote for Palestinian Freedom?
- Hidden Histories – Book Review
- culpable on Gaza’s atrocities
- Olive Revolution in pictures: Palestinians march on...
- Official: Palestinian hurt in clash with settlers
- Police deploy in force in Jerusalem's Old City
- 'Muslims obligated to help free al-Quds'
- Israeli occupation detains lawmaker Anwar Zaboun
- Global actions target Egyptian Embassies to break...
- French giant Veolia cut down to size for abusing Palestinian...
- 'World needs to move to lift Gaza siege'
- 'Israel is trying to Judaize al-Quds'
- Azeris mark Quds Day amid crackdown
- Quds Day resolution wants end of Israel
- PA intelligence summon journalist Ali Qaraqe’
- Palestine support key in MENA uprisings
- PA: Honduras recognizes Palestinian state
- Inhumane treatment meted to lawyers visiting Palestinian...
- Israeli "Response" to Gaza: Blurring the Line
- Thousands demonstrations in Gaza to mark world Quds...
- Far-right American broadcaster seeks to reinforce...
- Egyptians hold massive anti-Israel rally
- 'Quds Day spells end of West dominion'
- 'Occupiers must leave Muslim lands'
- Israel still seeking an apology-free rapprochement...
- PFLP brigades claim rocket fired into Ashkelon
- Palestinians rally in Gaza City for Al-Quds Day
- Palestinians Thirsting for Justice in Water-Starved...
- Bahrainis defy Quds Day rally ban
- Israel prevents Quds Day rally
- Haniyeh: We will not recognize Israel
- Elderly farmer murdered in Israeli airstrike in Buriej
- Occupation renews administrative detention of Palestinian...
- Israel snipers use laser device to kill
- Gaza militant group pledges resistance of Jewish Jerusalem
- Ahmadinejad: Palestine statehood just 'step forward'
- Israel escalates attacks despite agreeing to ceasefire...
- "Settlers" Hate Tour in Hebron (planxtysumoud)
- Anti-Israel protests held in Saudi Arabia
- Israeli troops fire tear gas at protest in Qalandiya
- Report: Israel approves Egypt troop influx in Sinai
- South Africa activists visit Gaza
- 'Caging Israel restores world peace'
- 'Israel existence insults human dignity'
- Palestinian state could leave millions of refugees...
- Western press and addressing grievances in Gaza
- Police clash with Bahrainis on Quds Day
- Egypt to hold massive anti-Israel rally
- Islamic Jihad: Ceasefire with Israel agreed at dawn
- Factions In Gaza Declare Truce
- PCHR Weekly Report: 17 killed, including 2 children;...
- Quds Day rallies start across Iran
- Ahmadinejad: Quds Day calls for justice
- El Salvador Recognizes Independent Palestinian State
- Loewenstein on BDS and the Max Brenner protests: Enough...
- El Salvador recognizes Palestine
- Iftar at the House of the Ezkadenia
- Ashrawi: UN statehood bid no threat to PLO
- Two killed in bombing of al-Salama sport club in Beit...
- Egypt's military ruler Tantawi and the American siege...
- Picture: Gaza weather forecast
- El Salvador recognizes Palestine as independent state
- Seattle's New Print Ad Campaign
- Eight Palestinians Killed Thursday; 11 in Two Days
- Israel kills 11 Palestinians in 24 hrs
- PRC says its armed wing will scrap truce
- Don’t demolish my future!
- Sent using Google Toolbar
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine