Wed Aug 3, 2011 1:25AM GMT
Hanna Qassis, Press TV, Ramallah
"According to the Palestinian Government Media Center, there is an “alarming rate” of accelerated Israeli attacks on Palestinian children in the year 2011. So far this year, 9 Palestinian children have been killed by Israeli settlers and soldiers, and approximately 200 children have been injured by either the Israeli occupation forces or by Israeli settlers.
The statement claimed that 'Hundreds of children are being illegally rounded up monthly by Israeli forces and detained, abused, and imprisoned without due process of law and in direct violation of international, Israeli, and Palestinian laws.' The majority of these children are abducted by the Occupation forces, without informing their parents, and are questioned by the occupation forces.
The Palestinian Authority urged the UN to implement resolution 1998 which protects the right of children in conflict. The PA also urged non-governmental organizations to take legal action against these clear violations of international humanitarian laws.
The killing, injuring, abducting and imprisonment of Palestinian children by the Israeli occupation forces and Israeli settlers is a policy seen my many observers as targeting the future, since they believe that targeting Palestinian children is targeting the Palestinian future.
Israeli attacks on children alarmingly high - Press TV News :
"presstvmobile on Aug 2, 2011
News and Reports August 2, 2011- External Links
- 'Israel ups Palestinian home demolitions'
- Report: Army court convicts teen of Itamar murders
- Egypt Security Forces Detonate Tunnel On Gaza Border
- Sharp Increase in demolitions threatens to destroy...
- Palestine: Conditions of Statehood and Reality of...
- Poverty rife among Bedouin women denied status by...
- 2 Youths Arrested in Pre-Dawn Raids
- Hamas rebuilds ruined Gaza structures
- Israeli courts exercise anti-Arab bias
- Servicio secreto israelí reconoce haber asesinado...
- Palestinian Bedouin a Besieged Minority of the Minority
- EU urges inquiry into killings in West Bank refugee...
- UNRWA: Clear link between settlements and demolitions
- Activists pray in Gaza’s buffer zone
- Gaza official denies reports of sharks
- Israel behind Iran academic hit: Spiegel
- Opposing police intimidation, pro-Palestine supporters...
- PACBI-Call for a Swedish academic boycott of Israel
- PACBI-تطبيع صحافي عربي مؤسف
- Gaza launches relief campaign to support the Somali...
- Ramadan in Palestine
- Feministas de EE.UU. denuncian el apartheid y llaman...
- Ramadan in Gaza
- Solidaridad del pueblo griego con el Gernika
- Jerusalemite youths abort settlers’ attempt to storm...
- Qabaha: UN option should be part of comprehensive...
- IOA banishes Jerusalemite, arrests others
- Hamas asks Lebanese gov’t not to discuss ban on building...
- Resheq: Hamas, Fatah meeting in Cairo next Sunday
- Miles of Smiles to send 3 more aid convoys to Gaza
- Female detainee marks 2 years in administrative detention
- En el Día de la Paz, anímate a correr por las personas...
- Muslims in the West Bank usher in Ramadan amidst economic...
- 11 tons of expired mineral water seized in Gaza
- 2 Aug. '11: Video: Undercover police detain 13-year-old...
- Miles of smiles convoy to Gaza
- Israeli court: West Bank outpost must be dismantled
- Israel slaps restraining orders on 12 settlers
- Settlers torch 150 dunams of farmland to the south...
- West Bank Settlers Given Restraining Orders
- Israeli forces detain 1 in Hebron village raid
- PACBI: تطبيع صحافي عربي مؤسف http://t.co/ky2AJlJ #BDS
- EU contributes €22.5 million to pay PA salaries
- USA, Israel agree on broad lines for resuming negotiations
- Israeli warplanes raid southern, northern Gaza
- Israel aircraft breach Lebanon airspace
- 'Zionism incompatible with Israelis'
- Daughter of prisoner passes Tawjihi with flying colors
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Reportedly...
- Right-Wing Settlers Barred From West Bank For Terrorist...
- Bethlehem holds wake for victims of Norway attacks
- US split on Zionists co-op: Iran Cmdr.
- Israel utopia reality is 24% in poverty
- 'Israel tries to divert internal crisis'
- US, Israel propose new talks to head off Palestinian...
- How Israel's left is missing the point (Ben White,...
- Al Walajah faces separation wall construction and...
- Palestinians Prepare for Massive Uprising (Mel Frykberg,...
- Israeli warplanes bombard Gaza Strip
- U.N. Rights Committee Breaks 43-Year Israeli Taboo...
- Indian artists boycott Tel Aviv museum show
- Israel launches airstrike on south Gaza
- Hezbollah: Israel targeted all of Lebanon
- Israel unveils secret missile
- Fear of Peace: The Israeli Motivator
- German Christian school expels Muslim
- The Norwegian Massacre, the State, the Media and Israel
- Museum of Tolerance: Israel's Blindness
- Saudi Committee dispatches large in-kind food donation...
- Displacement and Insecurity in Area C of the West...
- OCHA report highlights plight of Palestinians in Area...
- Human right to water and sanitation - Palestine Observer...
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine