[Click link above to read more]
| Week of solidarity with Palestine will start in Tel Aviv Airport on July 8th:
Source: Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign (SPSC)
Appeal to British (and other) citizens to join us
27 April 2011
'The Secretary of State...requests and requires all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass freely without let or hindrance and to afford the bearer such assistance and protection as may be necessary.'
(Wording in British, Canadian and other passports)
1. We declare openly that we are peaceful travellers who will be going in groups large and small from cities around the world to Tel Aviv Airport on July 8th. Since Israel currently controls all entry and exit points to Palestine, there is no other way to travel there than through Israeli passport control.
2. We expect consular protection from our respective governments, and moral and political support from civil society institutions in our countries, in our peaceful challenge to Israel's illegal actions in hindering access to the illegally occupied and colonised West Bank.
3. The roar of Israeli bulldozers signals more demolitions of Palestinian homes, the destruction of farms and olive groves. The ethnic cleansing of Palestine is in full swing. For this programme to proceed the Israelis must seal off the Palestinian people from any international links.
4. The Israeli authorities at Tel Aviv Airport routinely turn away peaceful travellers who wish to reach Palestine in the only way possible; through Israeli immigration.
5. Gaza is being subjected to a brutal siege and so is the West Bank; Palestinians in Gaza are shelled and bombed from the air while Palestinians in the West Bank are evicted from their homes, murdered, beaten, humiliated, robbed, kidnapped, imprisoned and tortured by the Israeli military regime there.
6. The flotilla will challenge Israel's illegal high-handedness by sea, while the July 8th initiative will challenge it by land and air.
7. Hundreds of us have already purchased our seats on flights into Tel Aviv on July 8th ; the Israeli authorities will do what they will do:
* if they block us in Tel Aviv Airport from peacefully continuing on our journey we will peacefully and patiently explain our rights.When they concede our right to continue our peaceful journey we will proceed directly to Jerusalem and Bethlehem to enjoy the world-famous hospitality of our Palestinian hosts. On completion of our visit to Palestine we will return to our jobs and lives in our home countries.
* if, as they have done so often in the past, they illegally order us onto a flight out of Tel Aviv Airport we will refuse to board and will exercise our rights under international law to peacefully resist being taken aboard the aircraft.
Enough of Israel's cruel siege and silence in the face of cruelty.
No more dissimulation in the face of an arrogant authority that imprisons a whole people and denies us visiting rights. July 8th at Tel Aviv Airport is our moment of dignity and will symbolise the right of all to dignity, including free peaceful movement as enshrined in international law.
Arab spring: Hope springs eternal-Rattansi & Ridley-05-17-2011-(Part1):
"PressTVGlobalNews on May 18, 2011
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine