"Those between the age of 18 and 40 years will require an Egyptian visa."
"...People here say that despite the fact that it is long overdue, they welcome the Egyptian decision to open the Rafah crossing permanently, hoping that also goods especially constriction materials would be allowed in."
PressTV - Egypt to open Rafah crossing permanently:
"The Rafah crossing: This gate, which is Gaza's only way to the outside world bypassing Israel, would now be open permanently-six days a week except Fridays and holidays.
The Palestinians on Thursday welcomed the Egyptian decision to ease restrictions imposed on the coastal enclave, which had been under an Israeli land & sea blockade since 2007.
Palestinians of Gaza said this move would end their sufferings they had under the former Egyptian regime led by the ousted President Mubarak
However, the crossing will not be a full opening as there will be some conditions on exit, all women and children under the age of 18 will be allowed to leave as well as men over the age of 40.
Those between the age of 18 and 40 years will require an Egyptian visa. Meanwhile, Israel has expressed concern over Rafah's opening, with Deputy Defense Minister Matan Vilani calling it 'very problematic.
For its part Hamas has said that this decision is a step in the right direction towards ending the prolonged siege, Fatah also said that this will facilitate the life of the population and ease their suffering.
The crossing had already been open temporarily and on a very limited basis.
Opening the Egypt-Gaza border will now ease the isolation of more than 1.6 million Palestinians in Gaza who have been relying heavily on underground tunnels to transfer their basic necessities.
People here say that despite the fact that it is long overdue, they welcome the Egyptian decision to open the Rafah crossing permanently, hoping that also goods especially constriction materials would be allowed in.
Activists refuse to send Gaza aid via Israel
KUALA LUMPUR (AFP) 26 May -- Activists on a Malaysian aid ship that had been bound for Gaza refused to hand their cargo to Egypt on Thursday, saying they feared it would end up in Israel.
PressTV - Egypt to open Rafah crossing permanently:
"Palgaz on May 26, 2011
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos