Bilin Weekly Demo 01.04.2011 By email@example.com:
"haithmkatib on Apr 1, 2011
Two citizens were injured in addition to dozens of cases of suffocation from teargas in Bil'in weekly demonstration.
Bil'in commemorates Land Day by promising the martyrs, wounded and prisoners that they will continue to struggle for independence and freedom.
Two citizens were wounded today with various injuries and there were dozens of cases of choking on poison gas. Many also suffered after being hit by the colored chemical water stench that the Israeli occupying forces launch towards the demonstrators. The suppression of the peaceful march organized by the Popular Committee Against the Wall and settlements, to commemorate Land's Day, was launched after the performance Friday prayers in front of the mosque in the village towards the separation wall.
Participated in the march along with the people of Bil'in, dozens of Palestinian civilians from nearby villages as well as several members of the Palestinian committee, al mubadara, led by Dr. Mustafa Barghouti, and numbers of activists, Israelis and international activists. Participants raised Palestinian flags and pictures of martyrs Jawaher and Basem Abo Rahma and yellow banners with a picture of the prisoner leader Marwan Barghouti and posters with the image of the mufti Amin al-Husseini. His home which was demolished by the Israeli occupying forces in Jerusalem, participants chanted slogans demanding an end to the occupation and division, and also chanted against the Israeli arbitrary practices committed by occupation forces against Jerusalem.
Before the arrival at the rally at the eastern gate of the fence the demonstrators were met with a shower of tear gas and sound grandees, rubber bullets, bullet cartridges and skunk water resulting in injuries to both Kamel-Khatib, 17 years and 30-years Rani Bornat were sprayed gas in their eyes.
To challenge the participants, the Israeli army stormed the gate of the wall despite the presence of dozens of heavily armed soldiers and machine sprayed chemicals they were subjected to a large quantities of these materials. When those materials were fired at them, ambulance crews dealt with all cases on the ground.
On the other hand the special forces in the Israeli army prosecute the participants and chased to arrest them, but failed to do so.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos