While Palestinian Islamic and Christian sites are turned into Bars, Nightclubs, and even animal barns in cities throughout, Israel is practicing more land grab by any pretext possible
PressTV - Israel opens Jewish site in Muslim quarter:
"In a move that has drawn immediate condemnation from the Palestinians , Israel has opened a new Jewish prayer site in the heart of the Jerusalem/Al-quds Old City's Muslim quarter.
Municipal officials recently ordered the removal of scaffolding that used to support an archway beneath Palestinian homes. The clearance will make it possible for Jewish worshipers to pray at the site, which lies less than a hundred meters north of the Western Wall, one of Judaism's most sacred and frequented sites.
The Waqf, which overseas the administration of Muslim religious sites in East Jerusalem al-Quds had threatened a strong response if the site is opened.
Palestinians regard east Jerusalem/Al-Quds as the capital of their future state and have called such moves as an attempt by Israel to establish its claim over Muslims' holy sites.
The new prayer site lies in the heart of the Muslim quarter surrounded by Palestinian homes. This road has been used by Ultra-Orthodox Jews in the Past, causing tension in the Old City. With the new Jewish prayer site, Palestinian Residents have reported being threatened and even asked to leave their homes and shops when Jews come to pray in their neighborhood.
17 families live next to site. Palestinian resident, Khadir, says the Jewish prayer area in the Palestinian neighborhood is unacceptable.
In 1971, Israel built its first tunnel under the Al-Aqsa mosque, causing many Palestinian buildings to nearly collapse. Israel built the archway to avoid the buildings from crumbling to the ground, but it has now decided to remove it
Israel has yet to declare the little western wall plaza as a holy site. However, despite Palestinian residents objections, right-wing organization Ateret Cohanim has been demanding that the area be cleared of the scaffolding to make room for a prayer area. But as Israelis continue to vie for Palestinian land, Palestinians say they will continue to fight to save what is left of their land and Islam's third holiest site, the Al-Aqsa Mosque.
Meanwhile Israeli military radio reported that the construction of at least 1,400 residential units near the settlement of Gilo, on the southern outskirts of east Jerusalem, is about to be authorized.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Monday, January 17, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos