Isreal continues settlement constructions in Al-Quds - PressTV 101216:
"newsupload2010 | December 16, 2010
More settlement building is underway as Israel approved the construction of an additional 24 housing units near the Ultra-Orthodox center Beit Orot Yeshiva in occupied East Jerusalem, al-Quds.
Palestinians say this is a plot to drive Palestinians out of their neighborhoods in order to Judaize historical Palestine.
The construction began on 24 apartments in three separate buildings in a smaller settlement near a religious school.
According to Municipality's website, these units are designed for married students.
The Jewish religious school is a source of friction with local Palestinians as it is funded by American Jewish activist Irving Moskowitz, who supports settlement expansion inside Arab neighborhoods in east Jerusalem, al-quds.
The new settlements construction lie in the Mount of Olives, near several Arab neighborhoods and directly across from the Old City of Jerusalem, al-Quds.
Settlement construction continues despite Palestinian and international criticism of Israeli settlements in east Jerusalem al-Quds, which the Palestinians want as the capital of their future state.
A new plan for three large residential towers with a total of 130 units in Gilo has passed the first stage of approvals from the Interior Ministry's Jerusalem District Planning and Building Committee.
Since the end of the 10-month partial freeze on settlements in September, Israel has approved many projects in east Jerusalem al-Quds, including 625 units in Pisgat Ze'ev, 1,015 units in Har Homa and 320 units in Ramot.
And as talks between the Palestinians and the Israelis remain at a dead end due to the core issue of settlement construction, Arab leaders have said they will not support further talks until the United States comes up with a serious proposal.
The leaders also stressed that they will seek a UN Security Council resolution against settlement building.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Friday, December 17, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos