Thursday, December 23, 2010

"I can't protect my children." Dr Mousa on the reality of Gaza

"I can't protect my children." Dr Mousa on the reality of Gaza:

"Dr Yousef Mousa is Executive Director of the Union of Health Work Committees, a Palestinian NGO that runs the Al Awda Hospital and various health clinics in Gaza.

Two years after the devastating attack by Israel on Gaza, we asked him how things were now. In response he told us a story about a man who can no longer look his children in the eye. His shame is too great. He lost his job and now cannot provide for his family. And worse still, he knows that he cannot protect them.

This story is all too painfully familiar for many parents in Gaza. Two years after the war, the humanitarian impact is still huge. It is not just the destroyed infrastructure and houses still lying in ruins, but also the invisible consequences, the chronic trauma still experienced daily by men, women and children in Gaza.

Thanks to Inge Neefs for conducting the interview.

"I can't protect my children." Dr Mousa on the reality of Gaza. from intal info on Vimeo.



- Sent using Google Toolbar"

Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog

No comments: