Israel shells kill 1, wound 4 in Gaza
Source: Press TV
Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:43PM
At least one Palestinian is reportedly killed and four more injured by Israeli fire in the Gaza Strip two days after the troops claim the lives of three Gazans.
Israeli forces targeted the victims with tank shells and gun fire in the north of Gaza on Tuesday, claiming they were returning an attack by the victims, Israeli newspaper The Jerusalem Post wrote.
A higher number of those wounded could be reported as the medics scramble to access the area.
The incident comes only hours after Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the acting Palestinian Authority (PA) Chief Mahmoud Abbas came out of a second round of renewed direct talks in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh.
PA left the talks in protest at Israel's war on Gaza at the turn of 2009, which killed more than 1,400 Palestinians, most of them civilians and inflicted a damage of $1.6 billion on the enclave's economy. Gaza is far from recovering from the attacks.
On Sunday, the Israeli military killed three people, including a 91-year-old man and his grandson in the town of Beit Hanoun close to the coastal sliver's border with Israel.
The attacks are in violation of a Palestinian demand for Israel's complete withdrawal behind the borders of 1967. The year saw Israeli forces capturing Gaza, the West Bank and the promised capital of any potential Palestinian state, East al-Quds (Jerusalem).
The strip's 1.5 million residents have also been enduring more than three years of an all-out Israeli siege. The blockade has deprived them of food, fuel and other necessities.
israel shells Gaza again.:
"otraverdad1 | September 14, 2010
[Press TV News] Israel Soldiers Open Fire On International and Palestinian Activists In Gaza:
"shabbirh | September 14, 2010
Israeli Soldiers have opened fire on International and Palestinian Activits in Gaza - Footage and Report.
Recorded September 14, 2010 at 1900bst
In other News:
Israel admits killing civilians in Gaza.
Source: Press TV
Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:23AM
The Israeli army has admitted that three Palestinian men killed in a shelling strike in the northern Gaza Strip over the weekend were civilians.
On Sunday afternoon, Israeli troops fired five tank shells into the coastal sliver's northern city of Beit Hanoun, near the Erez checkpoint.
The attack killed a 91-year-old man identified as Ibrahim Abu Said and his 21-year-old grandson, Ismail. The body of Hosam Khaled Ibrahim Abu Es'ayed, 16, was later found and handed over to hospital officials, according to Ma'an news agency.
The Israeli army initially accused the men of being involved in armed activities and claimed they were preparing to launch rockets at Israeli posts near the separation fence.
But a report on Tuesday acknowledged that the men were attending to their farmland and cattle near what Israel has declared as a "no-go zone" along the de-facto border when they came under Israeli tank fire.
The report claims the 21-year-old Palestinian was seen lifting a loaded rocket-propelled-grenade launcher seemingly aiming it at Israeli forces at the border.
The Israeli commander of the Gaza division, Brigadier General Eyal Eisenberg, told Israel's Army Radio on Tuesday that an initial probe found that the three civilians found a rocket launcher and innocently picked it up.
Israeli tanks opened tank and machine gun fire on the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, killing one Palestinian and wounding four others.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos