Troops Attack Villagers Of Nabi Saleh And Injure One
Friday May 21, 2010 16:53
Source: IMEMC News
One civilian was injured, and dozens suffered from the effects oftear gas inhalation as Israeli troops attacked, on Friday, the villagers of Nabi Saleh's anti wall protest in central West Bank.
Villagers, along with their international supporters, marched after the midday prayers from the village mosque to their lands were Israeli is building the wall.
As soon as villages reached the construction site of the wall troops there used tear gas and sound bombs to suppress protesters.
Kamal al-Rimawi was hit by a tear gas canister in his face. He was moved to a hospital in the nearby Ramallah city for treatment. Many other villagers were treated for the effects of tear gas inhalation.
Troops chased residents back to the village and tried to take over homes there, local youth clashed with the invading forces, no injuries were reported in the clashes.
Nabi Saleh protest 21-05-2010.wmv
planxtysumoud — May 21, 2010 — Today, the villagers of Nabi Salah suffered another severe visitation of Israeli Occupation Forces violence where one protestor, Kamal al-Rimawi, was hit in the face with a tear gas projectile breaking one of his facial bones and some teeth necessitating his hospitalization in Rafidia Hospital, Nablus, where he is presently recovering. Village houses were commandeered and tear gas projectiles were fired through the windows into three causing fire damage to the curtains, scorch marks to the walls and in the one house which I filmed - the home of Abu Shawki - the glass in a display case shattered, the other houses were the homes of Abu Husam and Abu Taher. The Friday protests are ongoing and Nabi Saleh's coordinators are appealing to Israelis and internationals of live conscience for maximum solidarity and to attend this Friday's demonstration (after prayers) where their presence may attenuate the wanton violence of the IOF and the settlers from the nearby illegal colony of Halamish which they "defend".
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos