PressTV - Pro-Palestinian activists rally in Bethlehem:
Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:13PM
Ibrahim Husseini, Press TV, Bethlehem
"Pro-Palestinian activists from Europe, North America, and elsewhere held demonstrations, in support of the Palestinian cause, in the City of Bethlehem and nearby in Al Waljeh.
The activists first gathered in Aida refugee camp and from there moved to the Israeli checkpoint that separates Bethlehem from Jerusalem Al Quds.
Israel on Friday, barred several hundred activists from boarding flights bound to Tel Aviv. However activists say between 50 and a hundred succeeded in evading Israeli screening and arrived to the occupied Palestinian territories. Other activists, however, were not as lucky, for since Friday, 124 activists are being detained in Israeli prisons and awaiting deportations.
The Welcome to Palestine campaign organizers, by holding a week long of activities, wanted to show the activists the impact the Israeli occupation has on Palestinians.
The Welcome to Palestine campaign coincides with the anniversary of the 2004 advisory ruling on the Israeli wall that was built on Palestinian land. The International court of Justice ruled against the wall in an advisory opinion and stated that the wall is illegal under international law and that Israel's presence on Palestinian territories met the definition of Occupation.
On Saturday, Palestinians and international activists protested in the village of Bilin and in front of the Israeli checkpoint at Qalandiya which separates Ramallah from Jerusalem Al Quds. Sunday's demonstrations come as a continuation of these activities.
Stand: Israeli measures, it seems, were not fully successful in preventing the pro-Palestinian activists from reaching the occupied Palestinian territories. Activists say the' welcome to Palestine' campaign will have far reaching effects as public opinion against the Israeli occupation of Palestine grows ever louder and stronger.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos