10 year old murdered in Ni'ilin
Events in the village started this morning, when, joined by international and Israeli activists, the unarmed villagers set out towards the path of the wall, to try and defend their groves from the destruction the Israeli machinery was causing in them. The villagers were met with brutal violence which included the arrest of Muhammed Amireh of the village's popular committee. When the demonstration started winding down and pushed from the groves to the village's last houses, at around 15:00, 18 injuries were counted, including a teenager who was shot with rubber-coated bullets from a distance of only a few meters and suffered penetration wounds. Clashes had slowly moved from the groves and the village's last houses to the village's main entrance.
At around 17:30, a small group kids and teenagers, decided to go, on their own, towards the path of the wall, in order to dismantle a newly installed razor wire barricade. The barricade was laid to prevent demonstrator from reaching the path of the wall and disrupt construction. After a few minutes, a border police jeep arrived at the scene and shot a few rounds of rubber-coated bullets. The group ran away, escaping towards the village, but ten year old Ahmad Mousa fell down in the rocky terrain and lost one of his shoes. When he turned back to pick it up, a border policeman aimed his M-16 rifle towards him and fired a single shot of live ammunition. The bullet hit Ahmad in the forehead and exited from the back of his head, shattering his skull and killing him on the spot. His two brothers and his friends that were there with him had to carry him back to the village, about a kilometer away, leaving a thick trail of blood behind them.
Ahmad was taken to the Ramallah hospital in an ambulance, but his father was barred from accompanying him by the soldiers posted at the entrance to the village. He had to leave the village through the groves, risking being shot at himself, in order to reach the main road and continue on to the hospital where his son was taken to.
Despite this cold blooded murder, the army maintained presence at the entrance to the village, shooting teargas and rubber-coated bullets at the enraged villagers. One of the boys that was with Ahmad at the time of the murder said he identified the shooter among the forces standing at the entrance to the village.
The Israeli media mostly reported this event, just as they report any other event – a rewrite of the army's spokesperson press release. Haaretz newspaper focused its article on a mild injury of one of the soldiers, and the violence of the demonstrators. A senior military officer, hiding behind his anonymity, was even quoted saying that the army's restraint is taken advantage of by the villagers.
Nilin Village Commemorates The Third Anniversary To The Killing Of Ahmed Mousa/29.07.2011 - YouTube:
"Nilinvillage on Jul 31, 2011
News and Reports:
- Resheq: Contacts underway with Fatah to discuss reconciliation
- Haneyya meets with Malaysian delegation in Gaza
- Miles of Smiles 4 expected in Gaza today
- Gazans receive Ramadan without full salaries
- Brutally Isolating Detainees in Israeli Prisons :...
- Weekly Report On Israeli Human Rights Violations...
- An interesting discussion on UJ
- Power cut off at Negev prison
- Egyptian authorities deny 450 Palestinian entry via...
- Three more arrested in West Bank political persecution
- Palestinian lady miscarries after choking on tear...
- Crisis of medical supplies in Gaza shoots up
- India: Israel must stop building settlements
- Gaza hospitals face critical conditions
- Civil servants' union announces strike
- Egypt turns back 450 people at Rafah crossing
- Silwan residents hurt by Israeli army
- Israel planea construir otro muro de separación, ahora...
- Alejandro Ruetter Fridman: 'Tengo la maleta hecha...
- Bassi: 'Cualquier persona con valores se identifica...
- Manifestaciones en las cárceles israelíes repletas...
- Israeli troops attack 3 non-violent protests in West...from IMEMC News
- PA urged to release prisoners for Ramadan
- Lack of supplies, fuel threatens patients in Gaza
- Israeli unit raids Wadi Hilweh, one arrested
- جيب عسكري يدهس رجل ويمنع عنه المساعدة
- Blast in central Gaza market damages storefront
- On Ramadan's eve, severe financial crunch hitting...
- Ufree condemns new indictment filed against mayor's...
- Hamas calls for extending urgent relief material to...
- Two minors arrested amid clashes in Silwan
- IOF soldiers arrest Jordanian Lifeline activist
- Palestinian farmer wounded in IOF shooting
- Israeli soldiers attack Palestinian journalist
- Israeli soldiers violently suppress demo; sweep through...
- Medics: Israeli forces shoot at Palestinian farmer
- قوات إسرائيليىة تقتحم بلدة سلوان وتستعمل الرصاص الحي...
- Israeli forces shoot farmer in northern Gaza
- Report: Right wingers attack Israeli-Palestinian solidarity...
- Turkish FM denies change in demand for Israel apology
- Relatives of West Bank political prisoners hold sit-in
- Int’l campaign calls for end to world silence over...
- BDS Victory: IGLYO moves out of Israel!
- A Strike Against Free Speech: Ahmad Tibi on Boycott...
- Report: Egypt forces accidentally fire at Israeli...
- Report: Israel plans to build separation wall in Golan
- Disguised Israeli security men arrest 6 Palestinians...
- IOF troops to use putrid gas to disperse protest rallies
- Two Palestinians arrested for working in Jerusalem
- Bahar condemns IOF abduction of MP
- Dozens injured, arrested in IOF crackdowns on West...
- Clashes reported in Irraq Burin
- 15 injured as Israeli soldiers disperse rally near...
- Jewish settlers desecrate graveyard
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine