PressTV - Palestinian village under Israeli attack:
Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:11PM GMT
Hanna Qassis, Press TV, al-Quds
"The village of Nabi Saleh has been enduring an escalation of attacks by Israeli settlers as well as by the Israeli occupation forces for the past week. Palestinians have been protesting the confiscation of village lands by armed Israeli settlers backed by the occupation forces.
Dozens of protesters, both Palestinians and international solidarity activists, as well as residents not involved in the demonstration have underwent suffocation injuries due to the immense number of gas canisters fired at the demonstration and at the villagers' homes by the Israeli occupation forces.
This is not new to the Palestinians of Nabi Saleh, since activists and villagers have sustained injuries and endured arrests at the hands of the occupation forces during similar previous demonstrations the last few weeks and during nighttime raids on the village.
Members of the press were particularly targeted by the Israeli occupation forces today, as one journalist was shot in the head with a tear gas canister. Journalists were harassed by the occupation forces on the flying checkpoints on their way to the village and in the village itself and were frequently bullied by the occupation forces.
Residents of Nabi Saleh witnessed the fourth raid on their village this week by the Israeli occupation forces, but Palestinians and international solidarity activists continue to protest the theft of Palestinian land by armed Israeli settlers and brutal attacks on Palestinians by the same extremist settlers accompanied by the occupation forces.
3 women injured at West Bank demo
Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:23PM GMT
Israeli soldiers have injured two Palestinian women and a female foreign activist during an anti-settlement demonstration in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh.
Demonstrations were held on Friday in the West Bank villages of Bilin, which is located near Ramallah, and Nabi Saleh and al-Ma'sarah, which are located near Bethlehem, Xinhua reported.
The three women were injured after Israeli troops fired rubber-coated metal bullets and tear gas canisters at the demonstrators, witnesses said.
Dozens of people were injured due to smoke inhalation after the tear gas was used.
The Palestinian Popular Committee to Resist the Wall and Settlement in the West Bank issued a statement saying that Israeli soldiers beat up media people and medical crews and fired rubber bullets and tear gas canisters at the people.
Residents of Bilin and other villages in the occupied West Bank hold weekly demonstrations on Friday after noon prayers. Israeli soldiers always block their march toward the construction site of the apartheid wall, firing tear gas and at times rubber-coated steel bullets at the protesters.
Palestinians and international peace activists say that with the construction of the apartheid wall, the Israelis are forcibly and illegally annexing land owned by Palestinians.
Israel's apartheid wall has annexed around 60 percent of Bilin. Local villagers have held nonviolent anti-wall demonstrations every Friday for more than six years now.
Tel Aviv began constructing the apartheid wall and wire fences in the West Bank in 2000.
In 2004, the International Court of Justice issued a ruling saying that the wall was illegal and should be torn down because it crossed occupied territory.
Israel occupied and then annexed the West Bank and East al-Quds (Jerusalem) in the Six-Day War of 1967, but the move has never been recognized by the international community.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
Saturday, July 30, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos