[I am Palestinian child, hear me roar!] Gaza kids hit kite flying record. Despite the Israeli siege, daily bombing and invasion, the peaceful resistance of the Palestinian children of Gaza screams loudly "We are here, free your captive humanity, end the siege, stop this inhuman atrocity."
PressTV - Gaza kids hit kite flying record:
Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:42AM GMT
Yousef al-Helou, Press TV, Gaza
"15,000 children in Gaza have broken the world record for the number of kites flown at the same time. The children who attend UN-run schools, taking part in a summer programme organized by the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) gathered on a beach in northern Gaza to fly a kite each.
Organizers said that the feat has brightened the lives of not just the children, but the entire population. The event was the largest every kite –flying in history
The last attempt was held by China last april, by flying simultaneously, 10,465 kites.
During this Summer Games season, the children of Gaza have smashed the world records for the largest number of people flying parachutes from the ground, the largest number of people dribbling footballs simultaneously and for producing the world’s largest-ever handprint painting.
hree-quarters of a million children are being collectively punished under the ongoing siege. The kites will provide another iconic reminder of the beauty and potential of these children, despite the injustices they face.
You can also watch it from YouTube
Palgaz on Jul 29, 2011
Meanwhile in Gaza: an impending health crises due to fuel shortages.
PressTV - Gaza official warns of fuel shortage:
"Health Ministry official Bassam Barhoum of the impoverished Gaza Strip has warned of a coming humanitarian crisis due to fuel shortages.
Barhoum said that electricity generators will stop if fuel is not supplied within upcoming days, Ma'an News Agency reported.
He further added that every hospital in Gaza would suffer as a result of the fuel shortage.
Operating theaters in both the Ash-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City as well as the European Hospital in Khan Younis have already been shut down.
Gaza's hospitals need 1.5 to 2 million liters of fuel in 2011, but have only received less than 400 thousand liters.
Barhoum explained that Gaza hospitals in 2010 had only received 25.84 percent of the fuel they required. However, more than 10 percent of it was unusable.
Additionally, a state of emergency in Gaza's medical sector was declared in June as a result of a shortage of medical supplies.
Officials in Gaza have blamed the harsh Israeli siege on the coastal strip for the shortages.
On several occasions, Gaza health officials have called on the international community to pressure Israel to put an end to its illegal siege of Gaza.
More than 1.5 million Palestinians are currently living in Gaza under siege conditions, imposed on the coastal strip in 2007.
The United Nations has repeatedly appealed for the opening of all crossings into the Gaza Strip, warning of the severe negative impact on Gaza's population.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
The views expressed by the authors and/or contributors on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of Palestine Video or the other contributors thereof.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
Friday, July 29, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos