Israeli settlement project to ruin Palestinian historical village:
"liftasociety on Mar 18, 2011
The village of Lifta is just one kilometer NW of Jerusalem Al Quds. In 1948 some 2500 Palestinians were forced out of their village following the attack of Jewish groups who were trying to take control of the Jerusalem-Yaffa road.
Most residents of Lifta have moved to Jerusalem to escape the fighting.
This is what remains of the village of Lifta. In their opposition to settlement construction and in an effort to reclaim their land, Palestinians along with international supporters, gathered here to say that the occupation will not go unchallenged.
Following the war, Israeli settlers moved to the Village, some of them occupied the homes that once belonged to the Palestinians.
Israel recently has announced plans to build luxurious homes to settle Jewish immigrants from around the world on small pieces of lands remained of the Village.
However descendants of the fallen village have reiterated their intention to reclaim their land.
In a remarkable move Palestinians have filed a number of petitions including one with the office of the United Nations Education Scientific and Cultural Organization- the UNESCO Office in Paris and called on the organization to designate the site as a genuine Palestinian Heritage site.
With the approach of the annual observance of what Palestinians call Al Nakba Day or the Catastrophe in reference to the catastrophe that befell on them in 1948. Palestinians seem ever determined to keep the memory of Palestine and pass it on to future generations.
Several Jewish settlers stood by watching the event and seemed indifferent to Palestinian demands.
However, there were few Israelis that were among the crowd, that were voicing their support for the Palestinian cause of right of return.
The event was coordinated by an emerging popular Palestinian youth movement called 'Youth for AL QUDS, or Jerusalem' and the people of Lifta. Following the revolution in Tunisia and Egypt and the wave of popular uprising in the region, new Palestinian movements are emerging to liberate their land from the Israeli Occupation.
Source: Press TV
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos