YouTube - Sheikh Jarrah Demonstration 11/2/2011 הפגנה בשייח ג'ראח:
"mariosavio | February 11, 2011
Notice at 2:47 - cop beating protester with pole.
Hundreds of Israel and Palestinians demonstrators gathered in Sheikh Jarrah in East Jerusalem for the weekly demonstration against house evictions and political repression by the Israeli authorities. The demonstrators erected a sukkah (temporary hut) in front of the house of the Hanoun family, which was taken over by fundamentalist Jewish settlers, to protest new plans by the Israeli government and the Jerusalem municipality to demolish more Palestinian houses in the neighborhood to make way for new houses for Jews only.
The demonstrators carried the sukkah to the police barrier, which is set up by the police every Friday to prevent demonstrators from protesting in front of more evicted houses inside the neighborhood, despite it is the legal right of the demonstrators to protest there. The police brutally dismantled the sukkah, while one policeman beat up a demonstrators with a pole from the sukkah (!) See it at 2:47.
Meanwhile, though, dozens of demonstrators were able to enter the neighborhood and demonstrate in front of the stolen houses, where police prevents protesters from demonstrating every week.
Read more about the struggle in Sheikh Jarrah and support us: http://www.en.justjlm.org/
Sheikh Jarah 11-2-11:
"yisraelpnm | February 11, 2011
A CRUCIAL WEEK IN JERUSALEM
This week Jerusalem's city council approved the plan for yet another 13 housing units for Jews only in Sheikh Jarrah. The execution of this plan will result in the evacuation of more Palestinian families from their homes, and the entry of more settlers to other areas in the neighbourhood.
Last Monday in a protest vigil in front of the city hall against the upcoming plans, the policy arrested 4 solidarity activists. The police asked the court, as a condition for their release, to prohibit them from participating in any demonstration or protest in Jerusalem for the duration of 180 days. The Magistrate's Court ruled that the police had no probable cause for their arrest. However, despite this ruling the police appealed to the District Court in what is clearly an attempt to silence our activists and to prevent them from protesting in the near future
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog. Activist and Other Videos on Palestine
Friday, February 11, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos