PressTV - Israeli forces kill young Palestinian:
"Ibrahim Husseini, Press TV, Ramallah
Israeli occupation forces shot and killed a Palestinian man near the northern West Bank city of Nablus. Ahmed Mahmoud Maslamni Daragmeh was shot in the chest and died at the scene.
The incident took place at the hamra checkpoint after Israeli soldiers refused to let him pass through the checkpoint. Ahmed was killed almost instantly and the checkpoint was closed temporarily after the incident.
The Israeli army claimed that Ahmed was poised to stab a soldier, but he was found to have been holding a glass bottle and no knife or weapon was found.
Later the Israeli army changed its account of the event and said Ahmed did not obey soldiers' order to stop.
The killing comes one day after a Palestinian woman named Jawaher Abu Rahma died, a day after she was tear-gassed during a protest in the village of Bilin west of Ramallah.
Abu Rahmeh took part in a non violent march against the occupation and the separation wall in the west bank.
The doctor who treated Abu Rahmeh in Ramallah, said she died of respiratory failure and then cardiac arrest caused by tear-gas inhalation.
Witnesses say that the tear gas used by the Israeli army is more of a poison gas and many people die as a result.
Over 85 per cent of the Israeli separation wall will have been built inside the West Bank, taking land from villages like Bilin and Nilin. Palestinians say the planned barrier will undermine their future state. The barrier in some places has cuts off access to schools and medical treatment and divides families.
Today the city of Toubas bid farewell to one of its men, Ahmed Maslamani a 25-year-old Palestinan man on his way to work. This is the second Palestinian who was killed by the Israeli occupation forces in less than 48 hours.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Sunday, January 2, 2011
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos