Israeli army demolishes water cisterns in Khashem Ad-Darah, South Hebron Hills:
"AtTuwaniProject | December 17, 2010 | 0 likes, 0 dislikes
On Monday 14th December 2010, the Israeli army demolished three water cisterns and two old wells in the bedouin villages of Khashem Ad Daraj -- Hathaleen, South Hebron Hills.
On the early morning, five bulldozers, escorted by several Israeli army, border police and DCO (the Israeli army branch dealing with civil administration) vehicles, reached Khashem Ad Daraj -- Hathaleen area and demolished five water cisterns belonging to the bedouin communities of the area.
These villages are situated in Area C, where, according to the Oslo Agreements, Israel maintains the complete military and civil control.
Among the demolished structures, there were also two wells built about 70 years ago, which have been filled with earth by the bulldozers. As these structures were built before the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories in 1967, their demolition is an evident violation of both international and Israeli military laws concerning the protection of private property in occupied territories.
According to the DCO officials attending the demolitions, the Civil Administration had never issued any permit for the water cisterns, that hence received a demolition order. The destruction of the water wells and cisterns directly impacts the livelihood of Palestinian communities in south Hebron.
The Israeli policy in Area C is to prevent the development of Palestinian communities, by denying building permits and by demolishing any structure which is considered 'illegal'. In the meantime, Israeli settlements and outposts in the area, despite being illegal according to the international law, keep on expanding while the settlers continue to attack Palestinians without undergoing any legal consequence.
This policy of restrictions, closures, demolitions, evacuations and harassment, together with the ongoing violence by the Israeli settlers in the area, denies the Palestinian human rights, by hindering the villagers ability to cultivate their lands and by preventing the development of the local communities.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Friday, December 17, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos