Israel approves 625 new settlements in East Jerusalem - PressTV 101202:
"newsupload2010 | December 02, 2010 | 0 likes, 0 dislikes
Rana Kamal, Press TV, al-Quds
Israel's latest approval of 625 new settlement units in Pisgat Ze'ev of East Jerusalem, al-quds, as analysts say, seems to be yet another message to the Palestinians that peace is not a priority for Israel.
The latest news comes days after it was announced that 130 settlement units were to be constructed in the holy city, which Palestinians consider the capital of their future state.
The latest Israeli government announcement to further expand colonial settlement activities in East Jerusalem is the latest slap in the peace process as a whole. It is a defiance to the nation. It reflects practically the position of the Israeli government is anti-peace.'
Israel is pressing ahead with construction work despite global concern about its impact on the prospects of regional politics. The Palestinian Authority has stressed that it will not resume direct talks with Israel unless all settlement activities, both in East Jerusalem/Al-Quds and across the West Bank, are frozen.
'They are trying in the future to evacuate as much as they can from the Palestinians and to replace instead of them, settlers. And this is the plan in which they are declaring.'
However, Israel looks determined to build 1,300 new settlement units in occupied East Jerusalem-al-Quds. Meanwhile, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is said to be in favour of a US proposal for a fresh 90-day settlement freeze in only the West Bank.
'That is how they understand peace. They understand that the Palestinians people should surrender yet to the reality that they have to continue and they have the right to continue to colonize the Palestinian areas, building more settlements, building apartheid roads and at the end what is left for the Palestinians should be accepted as state.'
But in a message to the United Nations last Monday, acting Palestinian Authority chief Mahmoud Abbas described the Israeli settlements as a 'time bomb' that would destroy any hopes for conclusive talks with the Israelis.
'I think this bomb has been exploded. It is not yet to explode. Now if you look at the map of the West Bank, settlements are everywhere. They are wherever you go in the West Bank. You find them just swallowing the Palestinian areas. So the bomb has already exploded.'
Direct talks have been shelved since September when a 10-month freeze on settlement construction ran out.
Stand-up: The Palestinians believe they cannot expect much of the United States because Washington either has failed or is reluctant to persuade Israel to freeze settlement construction. And despite the pressure, if any at all, Israel for now seems to have got its way as it expands its settlements in East Jerusalem/Al-Quds and the West Bank.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos