See quick translated script of this interview at the bottom of the post
Saffa farmers prevented from working on their land, threatened with arrest.:
"PalestineSolidarity | November 10, 2010
November 10th, 2010
Farmers in the Saffa valley were prevented by the Israeli military from working on their land Tuesday morning. Ali Ahmed Thalj Aady and Hani Nimr Aady went out with their families to work on their land at 8 am, when they were stopped by a group of Israeli soldiers. The soldiers prevented them from working on the land, and detained them in the sun without water for 5 hours. The farmers were told that the land is 'unregistered,' and that if they return they will be arrested.
Visit our site at www.palestinesolidarityproject.org
The soldiers came and kicked us out, They said get out of here.
I asked them: why should I leave? this is my land!
The soldier said no it's not your land
I said yes it is my land and I am here every day, you can't kick me out of my land.
so they [the soldiers] detained us under the burning sun for four hours, without water or shade. I have health problems.
Then the soldiers said leave, you can't come back here, ever.
I said why can't I come back here? the land is mine
He said no it's not yours
I said the land is mine, I have proof, I have documents proving it's mine. I can bring you the papers right now.
My land is planted with grape vine, has a lot of other plants too. Why should I abandon my land.
The soldier said I am telling you it is forbidden to be here. and ordered me to leave.
and that's what happened
The Israeli soldiers arrived today at 8:00 and asked us what we were doing on the land.
we said we were working the land and grazing sheep, tilling and preparing the land.
So he ordered us to give him our ID cards and told us we should not be there without obtaining permits. he told us we were prevented from coming to the area because there are problems.
We said we are not concerned with problems, we are working on our land day in and day out.
The soldier said he'll call the headquarters and check
I told him I can't get a permit to be on my own land. I have the documents proving I own it. I said I am 45 years old and I have been working this land for 30 years. No one has ever asked me to show him a permit.
He said wait here till I get an answer. He kept us for 3-4 hours under the hot sun.
I told him I suffer health problems and I can't take the heat and thirst and that my goats are suffering from the direct heat and the sun.
The soldier said I am only following orders, just like you, wait here.
After 3-4 hours he told me I'm not allowed to be there, ever. He said the land is disputed. And he sent us away.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Thursday, November 11, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos