Bilin Weekly Demo 5-11-2010 By firstname.lastname@example.org:
"haithmkatib | November 05, 2010
Friday, November 29, 2010, Bil'in, Palestine
On the anniversary of the Balfour declaration2.11.1917, faithful Bil'in insist to stay and continue the struggle against the occupation
Today the people in Bil'in were joined by internationals and Israelis to protest against Israel 's illegal Wall that is cutting through the village's farmland. The protesters were carrying posters of Bilin's prisoners , asking for freedom for all political prisoners. The Popular Committee sends their greetings to Adalah N.Y, the New York Campaign for the Boycott of Israel.
The about 100 protesters walked towards the fence dividing Bil'ins land in two, where the Israeli army waited on the other side. People were shouting slogans in Arabic and English, demanding the Wall to fall, and asking Israel to end the occupation. The soldiers responded with large amounts of tear gas, dispersing the group. There was some symbolic stone throwing, and instead of removing themselves from the village's land, the soldiers shot tear gas and threw stun grenades against the young Palestinian boys.An international girl from the peace movement was injured in her nose bu an Israeli tear gas bomb, Many people suffered from inhaling tear gas. The hot tear gas canisters set fire to the olive fields several places, and after a while the fire brigade had to come to put it out.
During the demonstration the soldiers came into the village, lining up in brigades, continuing to shoot tear gas and throw stun grenades. The protesters were forced back into the village.
The Popular Committee was bringing out a message to Adalah New York, which has been campaigning for divestments from Israel 's illegal settlements. The committee expressed that they are thankful for the organization's hard work. Last week, Africa Israel, the flagship company of Israeli billionaire Lev Leviev, announced this week that it is no longer involved in Israeli settlement projects and that it has no plans for future settlement activities.
Among the protesters were two representatives from Michigan Peace Team, who before the demonstration handed over a prize to the Popular Committee of Bil'in. Michigan houses the city with the largest Palestinian population in the United States , and the Palestinian Cultural Committee in Michigan and MPT decided together to give an award to Bil'in. This is meant as recognition of the long struggle against the Wall and the sacrifices they have suffered, including the death of Bassem Abu-Rahma, who was shot and killed during a demonstration last year. The Michigan groups praise Bil'in for their non-violent resistance, and for inspiring other villages to follow their example. The head of the Popular Committee Iyad Burnat and the three other members, Samer Burnat, Basil Monsur, and Haytham al-Khatib represented Bil'in to receive the prize.
"davidreeb | November 05, 2010
Bil'in Friday 5.11.2010 demonstration against the separation barrier
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Friday, November 5, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos