Two seperate interviews of Brian Becker and Ian Thompson from the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition.
Antiwar activists around the world take on Gaza - RT Top Stories
Published 05 June, 2010, 00:52
Global protests have erupted over Israel’s decision to use military force to block aid ships carrying 10,000 tons of aid and 800 activists and politicians on their way to Gaza.
Reports indicate that at least nine activists were killed and many others injured as Israeli military forces boarded one of the ships.
Protests have broken out across the United States, in part because of the work of the A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition, one of the primary organizers behind the anti-Israel protest movement.
“We’re calling for a complete end to all US military and economic aid to Israel because that aid, taxpayers’ money from the United States to the tune of $15 million each and every day, is that which finances and funds Israel’s non-stop war against the people of Gaza,” said Brian Becker, the director of A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition.
The United States has continued to back Israel and appears poised to maintain its support of the country, despite public outcry.
“The United States perceives Israel as something of a military extension, a garrison state located in this very important part of the world where two-thirds of the world’s oil is. I think they see that the Israeli government is an extension of the Pentagon,” said Becker.
As protests continue to expand globally, Israel is becoming more and more isolated. Similarly, as Americans become more aware and outraged over the situation in Gaza, the Obama administration is becoming isolated from its own people as well as from its allies.
Becker said he and other activist groups are working to change the political climate in the US at the grassroots level. The hope is that by educating and mobilizing the American people, as they did during the Vietnam era, the people can become a true force.
“The American people have to become the players, the actors, the political movers and shakers for change,” said Becker. He continued, “The power is in the people.”
[Note: First, for purely technical reasons, I'm adding a video interview of Ian Thompson, also from the A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition, dealing with the same topic.
Anti-Israel protests erupt worldwide
RTAmerica — June 04, 2010 — Over the last few days, protests have erupted around the world after Israeli troops clashed with Flotilla passengers on the Mediterranean earlier this week. Anti-Israel protests in New York to California and back to Washington DC have taken place this week and it doesn't look like they will stop. Many of the protests have been calling for the United States to end all aid to Israel, including millions of dollars to the Israeli military.
Here is the video of Brian Becker, the director of A.N.S.W.E.R Coalition.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Friday, June 4, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos