Jewish Community Center In Austin, TX Hosts War Criminal-Colonel Ben Tzion Gruber .flv
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Colonel Ben Tzion Gruber spoke at the Austin Dell Jewish Community Center on March 4, 2010.
Protestors started gathering outside the center about an hour before his lecture, carrying signs "Judaism-Yes, Zionism-No" and "Ben Tzion Gruber, WAR CRIMES are not ethical."
The controversy arises from the fact that a community center such as the JCC-Austin would allow, and even co-sponsor, the lecture of a man who is directly involved in the violation of International Law and is responsible for directing 18,000 soldiers in human rights abuses in Occupied Palestine.
The Palestinian people suffer under apartheid conditions as inhabitants of Israel, a country where they make up almost half - 5 million - of the population.
Ben Tzion Gruber spoke to an audience of about 100 mostly middle aged people about how ethical the IOF is, claiming it is the most ethical military in the world today. The IOF has violated more International Laws than any other military.
Gruber dismissed the white phosphorous bombs used by the IOF in Operation Cast Lead as simple smoke bombs. The Goldstone Report has extensive documented evidence that the IOF used white phosphorous bombs against civilians, one of many war crimes the IOF refuses to stand trial for.
As the lecture attendees left the JCC Austin, they were met with more protestors and more signs such as "read the GOLDSTONE REPORT online" and "Stop Israeli Terrorism."
Protester Jeff Zavala stated "I believe that the Palestinians under occupation are the single most oppressed people in the world today, that's why I'm here tonight."
Protests across the country are increasing due to the fact that the apartheid in Israel-Palestine is increasingly seen as a human rights issue and not an issue of religion or nationalism.
Gruber is touring the country lecturing until late March and will include Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, Santa Barbara; Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, New York, New Jersey; Miami, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa Bay, Houston, and Washington D.C.
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos