Manchester University Students Protest Against Israeli Ambassador. P1:
"Manchester University. 18th February 2010. Students protest against the invitation to the Israeli deputy ambassador to speak at the university Politics Society. It was organised by Action Palestine and supported by activists from Greater Manchester Stop the War. The protest took place on the steps of the Steve Biko Student Union building. The building was named after a murdered anti-Apartheid campaigner. The students argue that the deputy ambassador is the representative of, and apologist for, the Israeli Apartheid state which was built on the ruins of Arab villages ethnically cleansed by Zionist pogroms and terrorism. See the book 'The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine' by Israel's greatest historian Ilan Pappe, formerly of Haifa University, who was forced out of Israel by the climate of hate and intolerance. So much for 'freedom of speech'.
Anger grew as Israeli lawyers threatened the Student Executive from cancelling the proposed visit in line with Student Union policy, which was agreed last year at a 1,200 strong meeting in support of the Palestinians.
Israel tramples on democracy in Gaza and they thought they could do the same at the University of Manchester Student Union!
A few days before the deputy ambassador was due to speak, the British press broke the story of MOSSAD's targeted assassination of a Palestinian HAMAS leader in Dubai. The deputy ambassador promptly cancelled her speaking engagement at the university without explanation. Was this because she did not relish the idea of spending the day fielding questions about allegations that MOSSAD had 'cloned' UK passports?
A few days after the protest took place, the London Independent newspaper broke another story, 'Israeli Agents Go on offensive', which revealed that the Israeli government has launched an international PR campaign to claw back some of the ground lost since the Gaza bombings last year. It is sending Israeli agents abroad to implement this campaign. Was the deputy ambassador's abortive visit a part of this campaign?
Student union policy on Gaza was established in February 2009. It resolved to support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against Israel. The text of the resolution is available here:
Apparently, the ambassador has only postponed her speaking engagement. Students are therefore continuing their campaign to cancel the invitation to speak extended to a representative of a regime of war criminals. Tzipi Livni, Israeli Foreign Minister during the Gaza bombings, cancelled her visit to Britain recently because she was afraid that she might be arrested for war crimes. The UN Goldstone Report (Goldstone is a South African Jewish Zionist) recently stated that war crimes had been committed by the Israeli government during the bombing of Gaza."
Palestine Video - A Palestine Vlog
Sunday, February 21, 2010
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P1] The Threads of the Conspiracy [P2] Crushing the Revolution
- ***Alnakba [The Catastrophe] - [P3] Ethnic Cleansing [P4] Nakba Continued
- **Al Nakba [La Catástrofe] - [P1] Los Hilos de la Conspiración [P2] Aplastar la Revoución
- **AlNakba [La Catásrofe] - [P3] Limpieza Étnica
- *A Palestinian Woman
- *Azmi Bishara - Interview:
- *Azmi Bishara on Israeli Apartheid
- *Azmi Bishara: The Last Colonial Question
- *Blood & Religion, Unmasking the Israeli State
- *De Facto State of Lawlessness
- *Drying up Palestine
- *Edward Said - On Orientalism
- *Edward Said: Lecture The Myth of 'The Clash of Civilzations'
- *Edward Said: Memory, Inequality and Power: Palestine and the Universality of Human Rights
- *Edward Said: Palestine, Iraq and U.S. Policy
- *Francis Boyle - Palestinians and International law
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 1 - Diana Buttu"
- *From Occupation to Enclosure: Fragmenting the Palestinian State 2 - Amira Hass"
- *George Bisharat - Ending the Palestinian Nakba
- *Ghada Karmi at Yale
- *Ghada Karmi: Why Israel is a Failed State
- *Ilan Pappe - Interview
- *Ilan Pappe - Israel's 1967 Plan for the West Bank and Gaza Strip
- *Ilan Pappe on the Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine
- *In the Spider's Web
- *Interview: Ghassan Andoni
- *Israel's Secret Weapon (Israel's WMD)
- *Jeff Halper - Israeli Apartheid and the Paths to a Just Peace
- *Jeff Halper- The United States, Israel and the American Jewish Community
- *Jenin Jenin
- *John Pilger - Palestine is still the issue
- *John Pilger - The War on Democracy
- *Landscapes of Occupation in Palestine
- *Muhammad Jaradat & Eitan Bronstein: 1948 and the Right of Return
- *Noam Chomsky - Middle East Crisis
- *Noam Chomsky on Gaza - MIT
- *Norman Fikelstein - The Israel-Palestine conflict: what we can learn from Gandhi
- *Norman Finkelstein speech at Columbia University (3 parts video)
- *Occupation 101
- *Off The Charts - If Americans Knew
- *Palestine Street -1- The Lost Bride
- *Palestine Street -2- The Bride in exile
- *Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land: Media & the Israel-Palestine Conflict
- *People and The Land: The Story of a People Under Occupation
- *Phyllis Bennis - "Dual Occupations: Iraq and Palestine in Bush's Empire"
- *Rachel: An American Conscience
- *Rashid Khalidi - Palestine: 40 Years of Occupation, 60 Years of Dispossession
- *Rep. Paul Findley Dares to Speak Out -- Again! AIPAC exposed
- *Salman Abu Sitta: Atlas Palestine
- *Salman Abu Sitta: The Geography of Occupation
- *Secret WMD in Israel
- *Technical Error at Beit Hanoun
- *Tegenlicht ('Backlight') A Documentary on the Israel Lobby -
- *The Bases Are Loaded: US Permanent Military Presence in Iraq
- *The Easiest Targets: The Israeli Policy of Strip Searching Women and Children
- *The influence of the Israel Lobby on American foreign policy
- *The Iron Wall
- *The Israeli Wall in Palestinian Lands
- *The Killing Zone
- *The Unrecognized
- *This is Not Your War
- *Wall of Shame
- Watch "If Americans Knew" Videos
- Watch Alternate Focus Videos
- Watch B'Tselem Videos
- watch ISM Videos
- Watch pdxjustice Videos